Get the facts about lung cancer, including how many people get it and what increases your risk for developing it.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Bladder Cancer Facts about Bladder Cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Breast Cancer Breast cancer facts, including risks for developing it.
- Cancer Get the facts you need about cancer.
- Chemotherapy A breakdown of the types of chemotherapy & potential side effects.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Usha Niranjan has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Medical Oncology
Think of an oncologist as your main physician for cancer care. After being diagnosed, you’ll meet regularly with an oncologist to explore and manage your treatment options, as well as monitor your condition throughout the process. Medical oncologists are extremely knowledgeable in various types of cancer treatment and can recommend the right method for the type and stage of cancer you’re facing.
They may also refer you to additional specialists throughout your care, but they will always be your home base for questions and support. It’s also worth mentioning that medical oncologists deal mostly with solid tumors while hematologists specialize in cancers that involve blood disorders, such as leukemia.
Dr. Usha Niranjan has the following 16 expertise
- Deep Vein Thrombosis
- Gastrointestinal Cancer
- Cancerous Tumor
- Acute Myeloid Leukemia
- Chronic Myeloid Leukemia
- Pancreatic Cancer
- Colorectal Cancer
- Urogenital Cancer (Genitourinary)
- Chronic Myelomonocytic Leukemia
- Breast Cancer
- Hepatitis C
Dr. Usha Niranjan has 1 board certified specialty
Dr. Usha Niranjan is Board Certified in 1 specialty
Showing 5 of 21
She's an excellent Dr, very caring and compassionate.
Dr. Niranjan is a very cold and nasty person, as is her front desk lady. I was shocked by the way I was treated and the way I saw other patients being talked to. Can't believe she is taking care of cancer patients. Questions are not answered and you will not understand your condition. Told to just get out of the office-go away!
This Dr is cold, in the same breath that she told my husband he had 6 months to live, she told him to stop asking her questions and that she was doing him a favor by squeezing him in her schedule and she had to leave because another Dr needed the office. I voice memo the whole thing, not sure what to do with it but everyone who hears it is appalled with the cold, uncaring way in which she treated my husband.
I felt Dr. Naranjan was very inconsiderate, unknowledgable, and impatient with me. She asked me what I wanted to do for my condition, instead of instructing me on what to do. You go to a doctor to get advice, right? She had no knowledge on my condition and didn't even offer to research more about it on her own time. She is by far the worst hematologist I have seen in the 12 years I've been battling my condition. Although the office staff is very nice, I would highly discourage you from seeing this doctor.
Dr. Niranjan is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Cabrini Medical Center
Dr. Usha Niranjan accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
HIP of NY
- Emblem HIP Select PPO
- Horizon BCBS OMNIA - TIER1
- Horizon Direct Access
- Horizon HMO
- Horizon OMNIA
- Horizon POS
- Horizon PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Health Garden State
- Oxford Liberty
- Oxford Metro
- QualCare HMO
- QualCare PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsAdvocare Agarwal Gastroenterology, 108 Bilby Rd Ste 306, Hackettstown, NJ
Dr. Usha Niranjan is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Hackettstown, NJ.