Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Acne Important facts about acne and what causes it.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Usha R Ramineni has the following 2 specialties
- Adolescent Medicine
Adolescent specialists are doctors who have advanced training in the health issues that adolescents face. These physicians deal with issues like the onset of puberty, reproductive health, eating disorders, irregular periods, mood changes, drugs and pressures from home and school. For girls entering adulthood, adolescent specialists can act as both pediatrician and gynecologist, so they only have to see one doctor for all their needs.
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
Dr. Usha R Ramineni has the following 11 expertise
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Depressive Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
- Eating Disorders
- Substance Abuse
- Birth Control
Dr. Usha R Ramineni has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Usha R Ramineni is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 25
Poor bedside manner. For a child psychiatrist she didn't seem concerned with the severity of our situation other than suggest "parenting problems". As parents we felt our concerns and suspicions were brushed aside as one of our other children is diagnosed with a condition that presents just like our child's current symptoms. She did not "feel comfortable" treating our child and told us to find somebody else. We practically had to beg for medication to get us through to another provider is found as our child had a bad reaction to another medication and the one medication that does work is apparently involved in tons of lawsuits - even though we only used this one medication as a PRN.
I felt rushed and Dr. Ramineni seemed like she was bothered when I started telling her a bit about my depression and other issues. She would rub her temples and put her hand on her forehead like I was irritating her. She didn't seem to want much additional information, and asked very few questions. I saw people flash in and out of her office about every 15 minutes. How can anything get done thoroughly with no amount of time to discuss anything? I'll give it a few weeks to see what she does, and then I'll find another Doctor quickly, if I feel like the care and concern for my well-being is not taken seriously or I feel like I am not being heard.
During our visit with Dr. Ramineni my wife asked her to repeat herself multiple times because my wife was prescribed some very strong psychotropic drugs in the emergency room. Dr. Ramineni was rude and very short with my wife. She provided a poor follow up when the medication she prescribed my wife caused my wife to experience hallucinations. Her complete detachment from our case and failure to promptly follow up with additional issues led us to seek a new psychiatrist immediately.
25 Years Experience
Jjm Medical College Davangere
Graduated in 1993
Creighton University Medical Center
Dr. Usha R Ramineni accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Cigna Southern CA Select
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PHCS PPO Kaiser
Locations & DirectionsPsycare Inc A Prof Corp, 4550 Kearny Villa Rd Ste 116, San Diego, CA
Dr. Usha R Ramineni is similar to the following 3 Doctors near San Diego, CA.