Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Acne Important facts about acne and what causes it.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Utkarsh B Joshi has the following 3 specialties
- Child and Adolescent Psychiatry
- Adolescent Medicine
Adolescent specialists are doctors who have advanced training in the health issues that adolescents face. These physicians deal with issues like the onset of puberty, reproductive health, eating disorders, irregular periods, mood changes, drugs and pressures from home and school. For girls entering adulthood, adolescent specialists can act as both pediatrician and gynecologist, so they only have to see one doctor for all their needs.
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
Dr. Utkarsh B Joshi has the following 12 expertise
- Sleep Disorders
- Depressive Disorder
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases
- Eating Disorders
- Substance Abuse
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Birth Control
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
Dr. Utkarsh B Joshi has 2 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Utkarsh B Joshi is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 3 of 4
My insurance company booked me an appointment to see him after some distress I was in. I can see now why he was so available. He's very awkward. I didn't feel comfortable at all. Didn't really introduce himself when I came in, the office was in an apartment building which was even more awkward, and even at the end of the appointment, he didn't walk me to the door or anything. I just got up and left. Most people would at least shake your hand and show you to the door. About the only help I got was that the pure awkwardness of the situation made me think of something else other than my own situation. I would really not recommend him.
I took my child to see him. He was the only Child Psychiatrist who didn't have a month waiting list for a visit I could find - that should have been my first clue. He was very reluctant to prescribe medication that my pediatrician and another medical professional said would benefit my child greatly. After his ponderous and overly drawn out approach, another Child Psychiatrist got my child the needed medication and things have been wonderful ever since. The time and money spent dealing with Dr Joshi was a complete waste.
Though I was showing all the telltale symptoms, Dr. Joshi failed to communicate to me that I had bipolar disorder type II. He prescribed me Celexa on an ongoing basis, knowing I was abusing alcohol and cannabis, and without prescribing a mood stabilizer. Thus, I had recurring manic episodes, which I did not understand until I went to see a different psychiatrist.
Dr. Utkarsh B Joshi accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Select
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- CareFirst BlueChoice Advantage
- CareFirst BluePreferred PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. Utkarsh B Joshi is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Washington, DC.