Get the facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Uzma S Faheem MD
Dr. Uzma S Faheem, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Cary, NC, with other offices in Burlington, NC and Ewing, NJ (and 1 other location). She has 27 years of experience. Her specialties include Psychiatry and Neurology. She speaks English.
Dr. Uzma S Faheem has 4 locations
1240 Huffman Mill Rd Ste 1500
Burlington, NC 27215
1250 SE Maynard Rd Ste 204
Cary, NC 27511
Dr. Uzma S Faheem has the following 2 specialties
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
Dr. Uzma S Faheem has the following 16 expertise
- Bipolar Disorder
- Geriatric Psychiatry
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Eating Disorders
- Mental Illness
- Depressive Disorder
- Women's Health
- Mood Disorders
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Personality Disorder
- Anxiety Disorders
- Sleep Disorders
Dr. Uzma S Faheem is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 14
Ignore your need
Self-verified patient of Dr. Uzma S Faheem - Posted on August 12th, 2017
Met her first time and gave me only 15 minutes of her time. I am new patient and should given me more time to know my conditions of my well being. Very rude and does not listen about your mental illness and health situations. Gave me an rx that I am very unsure of. Very pushy! Giving her a chance and will see her in few weeks. Review will updated after the second visit.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Uzma S Faheem - Posted on February 6th, 2017
Self-verified patient of Dr. Uzma S Faheem - Posted on January 4th, 2017
Self-verified patient of Dr. Uzma S Faheem - Posted on October 8th, 2016
Self-verified patient of Dr. Uzma S Faheem - Posted on August 4th, 2016
Worst doctor I have ever had. Would take two weeks to fill my prescription after continually harassing the staff that I was running out of medication. Every time I would run out of medication because she would mess up my prescription and put a different patient's medication as mine. Was taking another patient's medication for 2 months. Never going back to her.
27 Years Experience
- Dow Medical College University Of Karachi
Meharry Med College School Of Medicine
Dr. Uzma S Faheem Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
BCBS North Carolina
- BCBS NC Blue Value
- BCBS NC BlueOptions
Locations & Directions
Dr. Uzma S Faheem is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Cary, NC.