Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Uzma Rashid
Dr. Uzma Rashid, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Woodland, CA. She has 32 years of experience. Her specialties include Family Medicine. Dr. Rashid is affiliated with Doctors Medical Center, Sutter Davis Hospital and Woodland Memorial Hospital. Dr. Rashid has received 2 awards. She speaks English.
Dr. Uzma Rashid has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Family Planning
- Weight Loss
- Women's Health
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 9
I tried, for several years, to find the positive in this caring doctor. A couple incidences have made me realize it's time to find another physician. The first is when I had an itchy scab under my left ear for over a year. I asked Dr. Rashid if it could be cancer. She took another look at it and told me to put Neosporin on it. Turns out, after I finally pushed her for more help and got a referral to a dermatologist, it was basal cell carcinoma that had been allowed to continue for years. The second issue I have with the doctor is her understanding that I know my body better than anyone. I never seek out pain medicine or unnecessary procedures, and yet, when I call her about stomach pain, diarrhea, etc., she has her office staff tell me to continue to take my Prilosec and eat a bland diet (some of which I can't eat due to a diverticular condition). She has never had me get tested for the diverticular condition, either, even when I know from my symptoms, this is what I'm experiencing. I'll be sad to say goodbye to her, since she was very kind in person. It would just be nice if she could work on her patient skills on an individual basis, rather than just giving wide-reaching advice.
NCQA Patient-Centered Medical Home
The patient-centered medical home is a way of organizing primary care that emphasizes care coordination and communication to transform primary care into what patients want it to be. Medical homes can lead to higher quality and lower costs, and can improve patients' and providers' experience of care.
Bridges to Excellence: Physician Office Systems Recognition Program
This program is designed to recognize practices that use information systems to enhance the quality of patient care. To obtain Recognition, practices must demonstrate that they have implemented systematic office
Dr. Rashid is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
32 Years Experience
Fatima Jinnah Medical College For Women
Graduated in 1986
Dr. Uzma Rashid accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select PPO
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus Savenet
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA Local Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Local Access + HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Trio ACO HMO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
- Health Net PureCare HSP Individual and Family Plans
- Health Net SmartCare Large Group
- UHC SignatureValue Focus
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Western Health Advantage
- Western Health Advantage
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsDignity Health Medical Clinic, 2081 Bronze Star Dr, Woodland, CA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Uzma Rashid in this video.
Dr. Uzma Rashid is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Woodland, CA.