Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Uzma S Aslam has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Uzma S Aslam has the following 6 expertise
- Weight Loss
Showing 5 of 7
Uzma Aslam should not practice medicine, but learn how to speak english first and learn how to communicate in a friendly manner to patients! She is unprofessional, rude/mean , unknowlegeable and impossible to understand! How in the world she ever passed any exams in english is beyond comprehension !!!! Gave me a wrong diagnosis and wrong treatment, after suffering for a few days had to go to another doctor who was able to help me and was surprised by previous "docs" diagnosis..... Unbelievable !
Dr. Aslam is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
25 Years Experience
Fatima Jinnah Medical College For Women
Graduated in 1993
St Vincent Hospital
Dr. Uzma S Aslam accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana Preferred PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsNorth Lexington Urgent Treatment, 1055 Dove Run Rd, Lexington, KY
Dr. Uzma S Aslam is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Lexington, KY.