Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Vahab Fatourechi
Dr. Vahab Fatourechi, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Rochester, MN. His specialties include Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism and Internal Medicine. Dr. Fatourechi is affiliated with Mayo Clinic Hospital Methodist Campus and Essentia Health St Marys Medical Center. He speaks English.
Dr. Vahab Fatourechi has the following 2 specialties
- Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Vahab Fatourechi has the following 17 expertise
- Graves Disease (Thyroid Eye Disease)
- Graves Ophthalmopathy
- Cushing Disease
- Addison Disease
- Gland Issues
- Thyroid Cancer
- Lipid Metabolism Disorders
- Thyroiditis (Autoimmune)
- Thyroid Gland Removal (Thyroidectomy)
- Thyroid Diseases
Dr. Vahab Fatourechi has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Vahab Fatourechi is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 5
Dr. Fatourechi examined my wife's thyroid and after a sonogram and scheduled biopsy gave us his candid assessment. He was extremely knowledgeable and assisted us greatly in scheduling the needed pre-surgery tests and meeting with the recommended surgeon (Dr. Farley and team). Had it not been for Dr. Fatourechi's "stick to it iveness" we would have had to make an extra 16 hour round trip and had waited another 6-8 weeks for the peace of mind we obtained within 3 days at Mayo. Our heartfelt thanks to Dr.Fatourechi and Dr. Farley and their teams and Mayo Clinic for their foresight in bringing these staff (and their teams) on to this fine facility. Thank you thank you thank you!
Dr. Fatourechi is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
- Iran University Of Medical Sciences
Dr. Vahab Fatourechi accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
HealthPartners - MN
- HealthPartners MN CareChoices
- HealthPartners MN CentraChoice
- HealthPartners MN Distinctions II
- HealthPartners Open Access
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Preferred One PPO
- UHC Medica Choice
- WPS Group
Locations & DirectionsMayo Clinic, 200 1st St SW, Rochester, MN
Dr. Vahab Fatourechi is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Rochester, MN.