Dr. Valerie A Asher Is this you?

3.9

Have you seen Dr. Valerie A Asher?

truly amazing doctor

Dr. Asher has been my ENT for the past decade. She is super smart and has successfully treated me for several unusual tonsil, throat and ear conditions. I highly respect her as a doctor and a surgeon. She takes time with her patients. She is at the very top of her field.

Dr. Asher's excellent care

It's my good fortune to have been recently treated by Dr. Asher for an ear infection that was serious and excruciating. She saw me on short notice, understood the severity at once and was, within moments, working on my ear. Two days later, concerned about my progress, she arranged for care at a hospital - she personally delivered my cultures as I was being admitted. I'm so much better- progressing well. Dr. A was knowledgeable, straightforward, decisive, responsive, caring - and I am grateful.

STAY AWAY

ALERT!!! If you don’t believe my review about this practice or Dr. Asher, PLEASE check out other review sites like Yelp, Google, etc. You will find that there have been many negative experiences. Please never go to this practice if customer service and care is important to you. I would also not recommend anyone to Dr. Asher. Regarding the Service: Please expect to wait 30-50 minutes to be seen even when you are on time for an appointment. Dr. Asher always runs late. When calling to make or confirm an appointment you will likely experience one of the following: the phone system will hang up or disconnect the call before you have an opportunity to speak with anyone so you may have to call several times before speaking to an office receptionist; and they will request that you change your appointment time that you have previously scheduled because this happened to me at least three times since being a patient (once because one doctor forgot about his vacation, once because there was an emergency and I don’t recall the other reason). And there is no such thing as making an urgent/emergency appointment if you are sick, plan to pay money to go to an urgent care facility or emergency room. This office does not have emergency appointments unless you are “bleeding” according the receptionist. My personal experience with Dr. Asher has been she has misdiagnosed my daughter once (by saying she had a virus) and I had to follow up three different times on test results that had come in but only the doctor was allowed to discuss them with me. She never returned my call. On the third time I called, complaining that my daughter’s school asked me to pick her up immediately because her temperature was 102 and climbing, Dr. Asher finally called me back. She apologized and explained that my daughter had a bacterial infection (they knew a week prior because this is when the results came in) and asked me to bring her back in the same day (during a hail storm might I add.) Oh! Let me not forget that I recommended that she take a swab for testing because I was tired of coming back and forth about a virus….something was wrong. After deciding to read the test results, she immediately prescribed my daughter the correct medication. On another occasion, she informed me that I had a virus or maybe something bacterial and prescribed me an antibiotic specifically for skin issues. However, my sore throat persisted and I went to urgent care who informed me I had Strep throat. The antibiotic I was on is typically demagogical based. The list goes on and on… Oh! And don’t try complaining or reporting the issues about service to the Office Manager Ann, because she is “professionally rude.” After the office contacted me to reschedule my daughter’s appointment, I briefly informed Ann that I could not reschedule because I took leave from work and was scheduled to go on vacation. I also informed her of my negative experiences in the past, and asked if I could see one of the other five doctors in the office at my appointment time because of the inconvenience and because I could not come in for an afternoon appointment. Anne insisted that we “are trying/willing to bend over backwards for you and offering an afternoon appointment is the best we can do”. She explained that I was welcome to come in 20 minutes after my appointment and wait and hopefully Dr. Asher would arrive short afterward but there were no guarantees. Then she proceeded to ask me – as if it were any of her business- when is your vacation. I contacted me pediatrician’s office who referred me to the practice, and they took notes…and may no longer recommend patients to this office…THANK GOODNESS… I also was able to immediately make another ENT appointment, and contacted Anne to send me my medical records. In her nonchalant tone and attitude, “she said oh sure…I can send them…bye.” She didn’t care about me as a customer or her level of service. STAY AWAY!!!!

Not very personable

I didn't care for her 'bedside manner.'

If you like coming first and leaving last then go see Dr. Asher

The wait time for me was over 2 hours

Bad bedside manners

I think this doctors bedside manners are the worst I've experienced. She shows no compassion for you as a patient. I saw her twice and my experience was the same on both visits.

Great ENT Doctor

I recently had a polyp on my left vocal cord; Dr. Asher was very knowledgeable regarding the surgical procedure that needed to be performed. She was very thorough in her explanation prior, during and after surgery. She made me feel that everything was going to be fine which eased my fears. My voice was completely restored after the surgical procedure. I will continue to go to Dr. Asher for future ENT needs.

holier than thou!

Totally unbelievable experience with dr asher today. I was a new patient referred in by wife who had longstanding relationship as both a patient and business associate. After arriving for appointment on the dot, front desk associate turned me away b/c my paperwork hadn't been filled out in advance and took obvious pleasure in doing so...as noted to me by another patient standing near by I left and wife broke her ties to ashers practice. Take my advice and find somewhere else to go who cares about their patients and isnt so arrogant.

Doctor's Response

In respect to all of our patient's time, we request our new patients to arrive 30 minutes prior to the scheduled appointment in order to complete registration, or to complete it online. If neither of those things happen, it is our policy to fit a patient back into the schedule if it can be done without disrupting another scheduled patient's appointment. We make every effort to be respectful of our patient's time and apologize if our policies angered you.

Found what other docs didn't

I went to 3 other doctors before going to Dr. Asher, who diagnosed my problem and was vigilant in following me until I had recovered. The office wait can vary from a couple of minutes to 30 minutes but that's because she (and the other docs in this practice) will take the time necessaryto deal with a difficult medical problem. I can't say enough good things about her. She was not going to send me away without figuring out what was wrong -- 3 other docs did just that.

Great Care

Dr. Asher was the only doctor of many to correctly diagnos and fix my son's ear problems.

It felt like magic

I suffered a fall which resulted in vertigo. After four weeks of very slow improvement, I went to Dr Asher who showed me some exercises I could do at home to speed up the healing. I used them and after three days the vertigo was gone. I am now back to my activities which include athletics with no problems. What she did for me felt like magic.

excellent diagnostician. Willing to answer questions. Sends follow up reminders.