More than 22 million Americans of all ages have asthma. Prepare to talk to your doctor about symptoms, diagnosis and treatment options.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Pregnancy Facts about pregnancy, including symptoms you can expect to have.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Seasonal Allergies Facts about seasonal allergies, the different types and the symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Valerie C Burns has the following 1 specialty
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
- Pediatric Diabetes
Showing 5 of 20
I have never experienced a doctor so rude and belittling in my life. A pediatrician should be warm and inviting to children, coming to this woman was a nightmare. I figured the first appointment my son had with her she was just having an off day...the following appointments proved otherwise. Instead of professionally and kindly speaking to me, she continuously talked to me with a condescending, monotone voice..every appointment. I have never experienced anything like this before. Instead of giving her a peice of my mind I simply switched pediatricians and hope that she won't continue to treat anyone else the way my son and I were treated. The front desk ladies were always very courteous and helpful, unfortunately that wasn't enough to continue seeing Dr. burns.
Dr.Burns has been my daughter's doctor for going on 4 years. I absolutely love and trust the care my child receives from her. Her office is always willing to work with me when I need a same day appointment, I've called this doctor in the middle of the night and she answered the phone, & any concerns I have she is more then willing to discuss with me. She is honest, to the point, & extremely good with kid's. My daughter talks about Dr.Burns for days after we go in for a visit. The wait time is NOTHING compared to 95 percent of other doctor offices and the care my child receives is phenomenal. I recommend Dr.Burns to everyone I speak to that is seeking a pediatrician for their child.
i used a different doctor at first and she didnt know anything and wasnt very friendly and was just very in and out didnt take much time with the patients and wasnt thorough so i switched to mrs. burns and i definatly have to say shes the best!! she is very thorough and knows what shes doing and talking about very caring and doesnt pressure her patients to do something they dont want to..i would highly recommend her to everyone..
Patients' Choice Award (2014, 2013)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2013)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Dr. Valerie C Burns accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- AvMed Empower
- Avmed Choice
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- Florida Blue BlueCare HMO
- Florida Blue BlueOptions
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana HMO Premier
- Humana HMO Select
- Humana National POS
- Multiplan PPO
- View by Locationttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
Locations & DirectionsLongleaf Pediatrics, 103 Birch Ave, Orange City, FL
Dr. Valerie C Burns is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Orange City, FL.