Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Valerie C Smart has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Valerie C Smart has the following 6 expertise
- Weight Loss
Dr. Valerie C Smart has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 19
This is the most unprofessional doctor's office I have ever been to. I was very uncomfortable as both the receptionist and the doctor were fumbling through this physical exam as if it were the first one they had ever completed. Not only did they argue with each other throughout parts of the exam, they also were not proficient with the computer which made things go very slowly. Dr. Smart's religious beliefs are very apparent and there is nothing wrong with that at all, but the doctor's office (for me) is just not the place to discuss said beliefs. I will never go back.
Overall, I think that my parents have been getting excellent care from Dr. Smart. She is very thorough and concerned and spends a lot of time examining each of them during the appointment and asking good questions. I would agree that you should plan on spending extra time waiting, since she does have emergencies and must deal with seriously ill patients. My parents have been those patients on several occasions, but she has always managed to help them and get them feeling better without a lengthy and expensive hospitalization. I have been with them on more than one appointment so the statements that I have made above are from my personal observations. Dr. Smart's practice is in internal medicine, with over 25+ years of medical experience, so she has additional training beyond that of a general practitioner. Give her a try if you need a new doctor or second opinion!
Dr. Valerie C Smart accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- AvMed Empower
- Avmed Choice
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- Florida Blue BlueCare HMO
- Florida Blue BlueOptions
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
UHC of the River Valley
- Neighborhood Health Partnership Commercial
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsValerie C Smart Md Pa, 6371 Presidential Ct Ste 2, Fort Myers, FL
Dr. Valerie C Smart is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Fort Myers, FL.