Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Valerie Dye
Dr. Valerie Dye, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Southfield, MI, with another office in Warren, MI. She has 18 years of experience. Her specialties include Internal Medicine and Nephrology. Dr. Dye is affiliated with Providence Hospital and Medical Center, Detroit Receiving Hospital & University Health Center and Harper University Hospital. She speaks English.
Dr. Valerie Dye has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
A nephrologist is a physician who is specially trained to diagnose and treat conditions affecting the kidneys or renal system.
A nephrologist will determine through urine analysis, blood test, X-ray, sonogram, or kidney biopsy how well the kidneys are functioning and will then prescribe a special diet and exercise program, medication or dialysis - a process by which a machine filters the blood when the kidney is no longer capable of doing so.
- Kidney Dialysis (Renal Dialysis)
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 4 of 4
Dr. Dye is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Providence Hospital and Medical Center
Detroit Receiving Hospital & University Health Center
Harper University Hospital
Huron Valley-Sinai Hospital
St. John Hospital & Medical Center
Providence Park Hospital
St. John Macomb-Oakland Hospital (Macomb Center)
St John Detroit Riverview Hospital
18 Years Experience
Wayne State University
Graduated in 1995
Dr. Valerie Dye accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Valerie Dye is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Southfield, MI.