Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Valerie L Stratton has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Valerie L Stratton has the following 6 expertise
- Weight Loss
Dr. Valerie L Stratton is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 2 of 12
Dr. Stratton has been my PCP for a couple years now and I could not be more pleased with my care. I have a complex diagnosis and she is on top of it all. She has a great system to track all the issues, what has been done, and what needs to be done. She also works with other specialists to make sure I get the care I need. I work with physicians daily so I know what they go through and what it takes to be a good physician and Dr. Stratton has it. Her bedside manner is fantastic. You come away feeling better even if you don't. I trust her judgment to the fullest.
Dr. Stratton goes above and beyond to provide excellent care. She is on top of all the newest recommendations and does not hesitate to spend as much time as necessary to answer all of my questions. I explicitly trust her medication management skills if you have several diagnoses and would highly recommend her to anyone. (And I am in the medical field)
Patients' Choice Award (2015)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2015)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
24 Years Experience
Des Moines University
Graduated in 1994
Central Iowa Health System
Dr. Valerie L Stratton accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry IA PPO
- First Health PPO
Locations & DirectionsEXCELLENCE IN ADULT HEALTH CARE PC, 5901 Westown Pkwy Ste 240, West Des Moines, IA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Valerie L Stratton, DO - Internal Medicine in West Des Moines, IA, in this video.
Dr. Valerie L Stratton is similar to the following 4 Doctors near West Des Moines, IA.