Learn about the symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Valery Portnoi
Dr. Valery Portnoi, MD is a Doctor primarily located in New York, NY. Her specialties include Internal Medicine and Geriatric Medicine. Dr. Portnoi is affiliated with Beth Israel Medical Center, Beth Israel Medical Center - Herbert & Neil Singer Division and Beth Israel Medical Center Petrie Division. She speaks English.
Dr. Valery Portnoi has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Geriatric Medicine
A geriatric specialist is a physician who treats the elderly population and the conditions that most commonly affect them. These doctors have special training in the effects of aging on the body and mind of a patient.
Geriatric specialists treat common ailments faced by senior citizens, such as frailty, incontinence, memory problems, arthritis, senility, decreased functioning and more.
In addition, geriatric specialists keep abreast of the different medications that an elderly person is prescribed to treat their more complex health issues in order to decrease adverse side effects and avoid dangerous drug interactions.
Dr. Valery Portnoi has the following 1 expertise
- Alzheimer's Disease
Dr. Valery Portnoi has 1 board certified specialty
Dr. Valery Portnoi is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 2 of 2
Dr. Portnoi is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Beth Israel Medical Center
Beth Israel Medical Center - Herbert & Neil Singer Division
Beth Israel Medical Center Petrie Division
Georgetown University Hospital
Beth Israel Medical Center-Kings Highway Division
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsFirst Avenue At 16th St, New York, NY
Dr. Valery Portnoi is similar to the following 3 Doctors near New York, NY.