Dr. Valton King Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Valton King?

Autism Spectrum Disorder

Autism Spectrum Disorder

Great doctor

Posted on October 11th, 2016

I felt that the doctor was very knowledgeable and also super capable to treat my pain. I felt that I was in great hands. He made accurate diagnoses and knew what was necessary to remedy my problem. He was professional and kind. I'm so glad I made the appointment.

Dr Valton King

Posted on June 30th, 2016

Dr. King spends a lot of time with you as the patient. He personally is the one who makes your treatment time with him very valuable and has the physical therapy as part of his visit NOT in addition to his visit with you. Fully paid by insurance not an additional physical therapy expense - because this is the kind of physician he is - physical a physiatrist. He takes time either initially with you going over all that matters in your personal care. Then as he directs, physical therapy and his visit is a combined time with the one doctor visit cost. For instance, I was seen by Dr Val King as part of the rheumatoid arthritis debilitating circumstances with the physical therapy for 30 minutes prior to seeing Dr. King. He is known for being the best physician in the western area for adjustments and rehabilitative care. Dr King does not work as a general care physician, but a very skilled Physiatrist who is a Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation specialist. He knows fellow physicians having worked with them for many years as he was head-lead doctor for the Hospital Rehabilitation center in contact with the best physicians. He is a good listener and is able to make sound decisions regarding the kind, type, amount, and what length of treatment or treatments may be the best in each person's health. He is also willing to personally write letters needed for other agencies/physicians and is very good at how much and how often you are to visit with him, the physical therapist, and so forth. He is NOT an emergency care physician. However, he has given emergency treatment in situations that warranted such immediate medical attention. Individualized medical care and treatment. No long wait times. Once arrive and check in at the office window seen immediately or once or twice had a 15 minuet wait. Dr King calls his own patients back to visit with him and the physical therapist working with you calls you to work with them. No office person telling you to sit in a room, close the door, and forget you are there for hours on end! Very personable and individual health care.

Posted on January 12th, 2015

Compassionate, prompt, considerate doctor who listens to his patient.

Waste of time and money

Posted on February 6th, 2014

Sometimes I would have a short wait (10 min) but other times up to 40 min. He seemed like he had more important things to do and never spent more than a few minutes after all that time waiting to see him. He was never able to completely diagnose my problem, but then he never did anything but ask questions. Never any type of physical testing. I might as well have used Google or WebMD. It would have been a lot cheaper.

Beware

Posted on April 27th, 2013

Dr. King seems skilled at chiropractic adjustments but has some significant shortcomings. One is that he seems to be rather poor at providing information on possible drug side effects – I ended up in a hospital due to an almost complete lack of information from him regarding a drug he had prescribed. Also, he seems to let his ego get in the way of patient care. I was his patient for multiple years and he occasionally commented that I was a great patient – I believe he said that as I was conscientious about strictly following his orders. Yet, when I suggested that I wanted to get a second opinion he suddenly and without explanation fired me as a patient. The second opinion I sought and received from another doctor (including tests that Dr. King had never run) showed some significant “misses” by Dr. Valton King.

Posted on July 18th, 2012

He didn't act like he really wanted to help me. Kept saying if you don't think I can help you you can go somewhere else. I was desperate for help and asked him if he thought he could help me. He said yes so I said I wanted to keep coming. Visited three times and waited for a therapy plan that he never came up with one. Kept saying the next time. He said they would call me that day. It has been a week and I have heard nothing. I am finding another doctor who will help.

The Best for Neck and Back Pain

Posted on September 27th, 2011

After 12 years of pain, I was lead to Dr King. Within 9 months of seeing him and visits to his PT department I was restored to full health and relieved of pain.A year later I was in another car accident and he was right there to help me get through. He is a very conservative doctor as they should be! He takes the time to go over your options and let you take control of your health because MRI's and other testing cost a ton of money. He let me make the choice to do it or to keep trying to treat it. My condition required surgery, and he pointed me to the best surgeon in the state, who came recommended by every doctor I came to encounter. When the surgeon would not see me because it was related to a car accident, Dr King personally called him and persuaded him to take my case because of our patient relationship and the nature of the injury. I was immediately in, and surgery was done. 4 weeks later, I have rotation back and the pain is subsiding with strength training.If you want to listen to complaints from those who whine about his methods of not prescribing pain meds, its because addicts like those that posted when they asked for them, target neck and spine doctors all the time. I was grateful that his answer to my pain was not to dope me up, but to get to the root of the issue and fix it. As for never seeing the Dr after your visit.. That is your responsibility to schedule an appt with the Dr when you need to follow up. Take ownership of your self and put on your big panties. Its no wonder you went to collections, you couldn't even schedule a Dr visit. And yes, they do bill you monthly.So in short, if you really want to fix your pain, Dr King is the only way to go. If the problem is something he can't help you with, he will make sure you get the help you need from the most trusted of sources. I owe him for getting me my life back.

Posted on May 21st, 2011

At first I saw Dr. King often. Then I was transitioned over to their p.t. with his assistants and never saw him again. I ended up wasting much time and money in p.t. which was something I had already spent 6 months doing at a previous office. His office should have released me as a patient when it became obvious they were not able to cure my pain. However, instead they kept me until I--a very young and ignorant--patient chose to leave (a year later). A year after treatments, I was sent to collections for bills their office never sent to me, nor called me about. The experience was overall frustrating.

Very personable man, good staff.

Posted on August 19th, 2009

I have never been to a doctor that treated me as nice as Dr. King. He really cares about me not just about what is wrong with me. His staff shows the same caring and helpfulness. I have been able to do things that I haven't done for a long time with pain. I am very happy with his care.

cares more about addiction than pain

Posted on September 23rd, 2008

Every time you visit if you are getting any kind of pain medication you get a full lecture about drug addiction. He doesn't seem to care that you are in pain, just that you don't get addicted.

Posted on March 6th, 2017