2.3

Neutral

My mom just had him during her hospital stay well actually she’s still in she has Alzheimer’s and he kept in constant contact with me explained everything making sure I understood everything He is great

Whatever Happened to the Idea of "First Do No Harm?"

The FDA has several Black Box warnings against the use of Cipro antibiotic due to its known dangers (which include painful peripheral neuropathy, tendon ruptures and artery scarring). The warnings by the FDA to doctors have been very bold and repetitive. However, this doctor apparently took it upon himself to prescribe to me this dangerous antibiotic despite the FDA's remarkably strong and well-publicized warnings over a span of years. Today I suffer seriously from painful peripheral neuropathy, which oftentimes is a life sentence of pain, and I'm entering my sixth month of suffering. This man had no business whatsoever prescribing this medicine for a simple bladder infection. I understand it's human to make mistakes, but how can a doctor make the mistake he made after receiving all of the FDA's warnings about this drug? It is very obviously a "last resort" drug, not a "first-line" one. By the way, the culture ordered by the doctor had revealed Bactrim and at least a few other far less risky drugs would have worked very well. Yet, despite the other options, this doctor made the worst possible choice with very dire, actually devastating, consequences for me. The FDA issues warnings and guidelines for a reason -- including Black Box warnings, which I understand are the strongest possible type of warning. It's a shame some doctors behave like they're about it all. So, protect yourself. I did not choose this man who works inside the hospital, the hospital did and did so to my very great detriment. Patient beware because your life truly is at stake.

Bad Doctor - Not suggestable.

Not satisfied

I would never reccomend this doctor. He talks down to you and whisks in & out of the hospital room. Very difficult to have a conversation with. I think he is on an ego trip.-

Inexperienced at Best

This Dr. has little experience and makes decisions with little investment in determining if his decision is best for the patient. I have no confidence in his ability and would warn others, should they be using him, to seek additional opinions before following his advice.

Dr. Vamsi K Allada is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Safety Harbor, FL.