Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Van C Reeder Jr has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Van C Reeder Jr has the following 17 expertise
- Shortness of Breath
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Heart Diseases
- High Blood Pressure
- Electrocardiogram (EKG)
- Clinical Research
- Heart Failure
- Heart Block
- Unstable Angina
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Cardiac Ultrasound
- Nuclear Stress Test
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Chest Pain
- Exercise Stress Test
Dr. Van C Reeder Jr has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 5
Dr. Reeder is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
28 Years Experience
University Of Arkansas For Medical Sciences College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1990
University Of Alabama Hospital
Dr. Van C Reeder Jr accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- BCBS AL PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsBirmingham Heart Clinic Pc, 100 Pilot Medical Dr Ste 300, Birmingham, AL
Dr. Van C Reeder Jr is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Birmingham, AL.