Vitals cannot verify whether or not this professional is currently practicing. We recommend that you attempt to contact the provider to verify their status. Please email us at [email protected] if you have any additional information.
Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Gastric Cancer Facts about Gastric Cancer, including symptoms and treatment
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Van Ritter MD
Dr. Van Ritter, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Franklin, MA. He has 32 years of experience. His specialties include Gastroenterology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Ritter is affiliated with Sturdy Memorial Hospital, Caritas Norwood Hospital and Metrowest Medical Center. He speaks English.
Dr. Van Ritter has the following 2 specialties
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Van Ritter has the following 5 expertise
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Hepatitis C
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Ulcerative Colitis
Dr. Van Ritter is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 1 of 1
Dr Ritter has been excellent!
Self-verified patient of Dr. Van Ritter - Posted on February 15th, 2012
Dr. Ritter is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Sturdy Memorial Hospital
Caritas Norwood Hospital
Metrowest Medical Center
Steward Norwood Hospital
ColumbiaMetroWest Medical Center
32 Years Experience
Albany Medical College
Graduated in 1981
Dr. Van Ritter Accepts the Following Insurance
We are sorry, it looks like we don't have insurance information.
Please call Dr. Van Ritter's office for more information.
440 E Central St Franklin, MA : (508) 528-5840
Locations & Directions440 E Central St, Franklin, MA
Dr. Van Ritter is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Franklin, MA.