Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Van T Tran has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Family Planning
- Weight Loss
Showing 5 of 12
First of all the staff is not on top of keeping up with finding you a specialist if it is needed. They never call you back to let you know what they found. The doctor is sometimes kind of hard to understand because of a deep accent. And the problem I had with this doctor is that when I go the referral paper to go see the specialist, she put a name on his profile that branded him as something he had only because she couldn't understand what he has. I got furious and made her take that off. People try and check your papers cause these doctors will label you as something and that is not what you have. They just put things there because they don't understand things. Don't let them do that???
I had to call them to receive test results. They never called me. If she is not in the office they will not tell you and you may be seen by an elderly individual who should have lost his license at least 20 years ago. You will wait 2 hours to be seen. Set aside at least 2.5 hours for a visit. Please go somewhere else, anywhere else.
46 Years Experience
The University Of Texas School Of Medicine At San Antonio
Graduated in 1972
Dr. Van T Tran accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TX Blue Advantage HMO
- BCBS TX BlueChoice
- BCBS TX HMO Blue Texas
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsGarland Medical Clinic, 2420 E Arkansas Ln, Arlington, TX
Dr. Van T Tran is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Arlington, TX.