Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Vance Z Johnson has the following 2 specialties
- Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation
- Pain Medicine
Dr. Vance Z Johnson has the following 4 expertise
- Back Pain
- Chronic Pain
- Cancer Pain
Dr. Vance Z Johnson is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 56
Horrible experience. After 2 procedures on my back and spine, on the third procedure he hit my spinal cord and left my left side from the waist down and part of my right foot completely numb. When I complained, he didn't even admit that it happened, I had to make an appointment with a neurologist to go over the 2nd MRI to tell me that it happened.
Today was my 7th visit at least with Dr. Johnson and I have always thought he was arrogant. During my visit today, just because I was in more pain than before, he just fired at me all kind of assumptions and suddenly shouted "politely" that HE is NOT a pain management specialist and added that HE and I have communication problem and then shouted, not as politely, that HE had no time to explain. This is when I stood up and said "goodbye doctor, you now have plenty of time". It is worth mentioning that he was well dressed compared to his casual jeans-like looks during my last visits. I want to believe he was in a rush for an event but I am not one who assumes although I read other reviewers who described Doctor Johnson in the same way I have experienced. 1st couple of visits, Dr. Johnson suggested a series of 3 shots in my lower back. Once the shots were done and follow up visits were over with, I had more pain which is why I visited him today. Him being arrogant and assuming that perhaps I am blaming him for the pain changed him completely and claimed that we have a communication problem (he said he doesn't understand what I am saying when I stood up and placed my hand where it hurts the most)! At every visit since the beginning, he told me to let him know if I am feeling better (if the pain is less or more), but today, when I used his same words describing the pain except I said "the pain, IT is getting worse", he transformed to this polite monster and started firing things like "IT, what is IT" and "the spine can't feel, or get sad or be happy"! Basically, he was expecting me to say "I am feeling worse in my lower back area" rather than what I said "the pain is getting worse". I should have said that I wasn't visiting him for my doctorat en littÃ©rature anglais (in french) but I am not the rude type and didn't think of it at the time. I have done everything he asked me for including a CT scan for my lower back and a recent CT scan for my upper spine near the neck area. Regardless of the pain that I am feeling which is worse than before, I was still happy to have him as a doctor. I believe he is the type that gets offensive when a procedure he performs does not give HIM the results he likes to see and when a patient is hurting, not necessarily from the procedure he performed, his weakness is to prove that he is NOT a pain management doctor although nobody and certainly not myself mentioned anything about pain management. This is when I totally got lost in what he was trying to say and prove and walked out.
Dr. Johnson is incredibly gifted when it comes to pain management, but has another side to him that can leave one in tears. For some reason, he has a very rude manner about him if you say something that somehow sets him off. I left his office in tears today, feeling much worse than when I arrived, and will find a doctor with both talent AND graciousness in the future. I hope he can begin to live up to the quotes on his wall, as its a shame to see such talent go to waste due to rude or arrogant personality traits.
I would not give him a start. His methodology is passive aggress psychology. I've seen patients kicked out the office because they cussed. I've seen patients crying after being mistreated. Very spacy Dr who has a Degree only in Psychology that allows ones to practice this way. Oh, and some certificate with classes he took. Look it up! This is a head game doctor who will keep you a patient forever for his own benefit $$$$. The most Strange doctor I've met- stay away unless you want to be co-dependent. SCARY! IF I PUT 1 STAR- THAT is TOO MUCH TO GIVE.
Patients' Choice Award (2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Top 10 Doctor - Metro Area (2014)
Top 10 Doctors are chosen by the millions of patients who visit Vitals each year to find a new doctor and share their experiences by providing ratings and reviews. In order to differentiate highly-regarded doctors from the rest for patients in search of quality care, Vitals awards Top 10 Doctor honors to those physicians within a certain specialty and geographic area who are consistently given top ratings by their patients.
- Loma Linda University School Of Medicine
Loma Linda University Medical Center
Dr. Vance Z Johnson accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X HMO
- Blue Cross CA Priority Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- CIGNA Southern CA Value
- Health Net CA CommunityCare Network HMO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO SmartCare
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net SmartCare Large Group
- Molina Mrktplace CA
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Vance Z Johnson in this video.
Dr. Vance Z Johnson is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Murrieta, CA.