More than 22 million Americans of all ages have asthma. Prepare to talk to your doctor about symptoms, diagnosis and treatment options.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Diabetes Diabetes facts and the differences between the different types.
- Diabetic Hyperlipidemia Get all of the facts about diabetic hyperlipidemia.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- High Blood Pressure Facts about high blood pressure; its causes and complications.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Vandana Raman
Dr. Vandana Raman, MD, BS, MBBS is a Doctor primarily located in Riverton, UT, with other offices in Houston, TX and Provo, UT (and 2 other locations). She has 12 years of experience. Her specialties include Pediatrics and Pediatric Endocrinology. Dr. Raman is affiliated with Primary Children+s Medical Center, University of Utah Hospitals & Clinics and University of Utah - Neuropsychiatric Institute. She speaks English.
Dr. Vandana Raman has the following 2 specialties
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
- Pediatric Endocrinology
Endocrinologists treat disorders related to our glands and the hormones they produce. Because hormones play a key role in the growth and development of children, these conditions often pose different threats to children than they do adults. That’s where a pediatric endocrinologist comes in.
They can diagnose and treat hormonal disorders such as abnormal thyroid function, growth complications and early or delayed puberty. Ambiguous genitals as well as ovarian and testicular dysfunction are also part of their expertise. Childhood obesity, diabetes and problems with low blood sugar also tie back to hormone function and may require consulting with a pediatric endocrinologist.
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 7
We saw Dr. Raman today and were so pleased with her in all aspects. She was willing to hear our concerns and was not in a rush. She really made us part of this process as parents and didn't just tell us how it was going to be but asked us how we felt about things. She was super smart and able to explain things to us in a way we understood without making us feel dumb. She also was great about including our 14 year old son in the conversation and wanted to make sure he felt good about everything and that all of his questions were answered. I highly recommend Dr. Raman.
Dr. Raman is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Primary Children+s Medical Center
University of Utah Hospitals & Clinics
University of Utah - Neuropsychiatric Institute
12 Years Experience
Kansas City University of Medicine
Graduated in 2001
Dr. Vandana Raman accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Vandana Raman in this video.
Dr. Vandana Raman is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Riverton, UT.