Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Acne Important facts about acne and what causes it.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Vashaun O Williams has the following 3 specialties
- Child & Adolescent Psychiatry
- Adolescent Medicine
Adolescent specialists are doctors who have advanced training in the health issues that adolescents face. These physicians deal with issues like the onset of puberty, reproductive health, eating disorders, irregular periods, mood changes, drugs and pressures from home and school. For girls entering adulthood, adolescent specialists can act as both pediatrician and gynecologist, so they only have to see one doctor for all their needs.
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
Dr. Vashaun O Williams has the following 22 expertise
- Depressive Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
- Autism (Autistic Disorder)
- Tourette Syndrome
- Phobias (Phobic Disorders)
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorders (PTSD)
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Anxiety Disorders
- Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Eating Disorders
- Birth Control
- Substance Abuse
- Asperger Syndrome
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases
- Bedwetting (Enuresis)
Dr. Vashaun O Williams is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 10
Dr. Williams is a great doctor. He is very personable, easy to talk to, and is exceptional at his job. After calling many doctors for an appointment on short notice, he was the only one able to fit me in his schedule while others were giving me a 6 week appt,, not accepting appt., or just did not call me back at all. Dr. WIlliams personally called me back within the same day and scheduled me within a week. I went from a barely-passing student to an A student and now have a profound respect for the field of psychiatry and Dr. Williams!
Drove quite a distance to see this doctor because of great reputation. Listened to my concerns about my child attentively. Made our family feel really comfortable. Explained what was wrong and gave us options for helping the situation. Highly recommed this doctor to any family. Dr. Williams is worth all of the high ratings.
Patients' Choice Award (2014)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014, 2016)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Top 10 Doctor - State (2014)
Top 10 Doctors are chosen by the millions of patients who visit Vitals each year to find a new doctor and share their experiences by providing ratings and reviews. In order to differentiate highly-regarded doctors from the rest for patients in search of quality care, Vitals awards Top 10 Doctor honors to those physicians within a certain specialty and geographic area who are consistently given top ratings by their patients.
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsVashaun Omar Williams Md, 2000 Noble Dr, Wooster, OH
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Vashaun O Williams in this video.
Dr. Vashaun O Williams is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Wooster, OH.