Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Vatsala N Shah has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Showing 5 of 23
I'm in the process of looking for a new primary care doctor and went through my insurance. I got a list of names and started weeding them down after researching them. I was genuinely excited to see Dr. Shah after all the wonderful reviews I found. I called the office and after being transferred back and forth a few times, I spoke to Jacob. I told him I wanted to make an appointment to see Dr. Shah as a new patient and the first thing he asked was how I heard about them. I told him I found the doctor through my insurance and she had good reviews online. He asked what insurance I had and I said UHC. He then asked if I was a drinker or smoker. I said yes, I'm a smoker. He said Dr. Shah won't see patients who smoke, that it was an absolute no. What!?! I understand smoking isn't healthy, but a doctor refusing to see a patient because they smoke? I have never heard of something so asinine. I just sat there stunned for a second and then Jacob gave me the name of a different doctor and said he thinks that doctor's wife is also an internist. Again, what!? I guess Dr. Shah is great if you're worthy enough to get an appointment, but if you're a smoker (or drinker maybe) then you're not worth her time.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2012, 2014, 2016, 2011)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2015, 2010, 2016, 2011, 2014, 2012)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
43 Years Experience
University Of Oklahoma College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1975
Dr. Vatsala N Shah accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS OK BlueChoice
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Community Care PCC
- CommunityCare PPO Standard Network
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana National POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsVatsala Niranjan Shah Md, 4301 NW 63rd St Ste 205, Oklahoma City, OK
Dr. Vatsala N Shah is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Oklahoma City, OK.