Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetes Diabetes facts and the differences between the different types.
- Diabetic Hyperlipidemia Get all of the facts about diabetic hyperlipidemia.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- High Blood Pressure Facts about high blood pressure; its causes and complications.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Ved V Gossain MD
Dr. Ved V Gossain, MD is a Doctor primarily located in East Lansing, MI, with other offices in East Lansing, MI and East Lansing, MI . Her specialties include Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism and Internal Medicine. Dr. Gossain is affiliated with Mclaren Greater Lansing. She speaks English.
Dr. Ved V Gossain has 3 locations
138 Service Rd
East Lansing, MI 48824
Dr. Ved V Gossain has the following 2 specialties
- Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism
An endocrinologist is a physician with extensive training in understanding, diagnosing and treating conditions related to the endocrine system. The endocrine system regulates the balance of hormones.
Conditions of the endocrine system involve an over-abundance, or deficiency of a certain hormone. While there is a range when it comes to the amount of a hormone that is deemed normal in a human, these specialists determine whether a person's amount of hormone is indicative of a health concern. Two conditions this specialist might treat are diabetes and obesity.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Ved V Gossain has the following 19 expertise
- Gland Issues
- Lipid Metabolism Disorders
- Addison Disease
- Diabetes (Types I & II)
- Weight Loss
- Cushing Disease
- Thyroid Diseases
- Adrenal Insufficiency
- Diabetic Kidney Disease (Diabetic Nephropathies)
- Diabetes Mellitus, Type 1
Showing 2 of 2
Self-verified patient of Dr. Ved V Gossain - Posted on September 10th, 2014
Too smart for social skills, apparently.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Ved V Gossain - Posted on April 9th, 2013
Every time I go to see him he never fails to be rude and fit in a snide comment. Our last appointment, he kept the door open the entire time while talking about extremely embarrassing personal issues I didn't care to share with everybody in the hallway. The endocrinology field is flooded so despite the fact that I've been battling disorders my entire life, the best MSU can offer is a whopping three appointments a year. Or at least, that's what I WOULD get if I wasn't forced to reschedule because of this doctor's vacation needs. Whatever. Every four months I go. Hope for progress. Leave defeated. He talks to me like a child and offers little to no actual help with my conditions. In a year and a half, he's offered me ONE medication change, which did nothing for my symptoms. He can barely form a sentence. My medication scripts literally read like, 'tAKE on1 TAB FOR WEAk' I hate that I have to live with the things I do, and I hate that I'm forced to look to this rude man for help. I've often considered giving up on the appointments altogether just so I don't have to deal with him lecturing me like a child about things I'm fully aware of, failing to help me, keep up with my condition, or have the common courtesy to answer my questions directly.
Dr. Gossain is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Baystate Medical Center
Dr. Ved V Gossain Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- HAP Preferred PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
More about Dr. Ved V Gossain
AMRISTAR UNIVERSITY medical school M.J. HOSPITAL internship SPRINGFIELD MUNICIPAL HOSPITAL (Internal Medicine) residency MEDICAL COLLEGE OF WISCONSIN (Endocrinology) fellowship
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Ved V Gossain, MD - Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism in East Lansing, MI, in this video.
Dr. Ved V Gossain is similar to the following 4 Doctors near East Lansing, MI.