Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Velarde C Raras has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Showing 2 of 2
I was in excruciating pain when I visited Dr. Raras in place of my PCP Dr. Winn, who was out of the country. I have been having deep seizure pains around my Kidney area for about a month. These pains have been growing in size and frequency. So I thought perhaps it might be related to a Kidney Stone issue. My immediate reaction from Dr. Raras when he posed the question as to what was wrong with me, was negative and highly suspicious.His demeanor suggested to me as if I were "Drug Seeking". He spent some glorifying time showing me IHOP charts as to how the life of a kidney stone progresses. His immediate conclusion without any blood tests or x-rays was I had a pulled back muscle. However, I told him the pains are deep and internal and when they seize up ,completely debilitate me to the point falling down. That was of no effect. I was prescribed medication I could easily purchase off the shelf from any CVS or Walgreens store. I feel this was a wasted trip. I still have the pains even though I bought the medication he ordered and took them as prescribed. I now have to seek a specialist. Perhaps Dr. Raras was having a trying day? I don't know. This is the third time something like this has happened to me at Kaiser. I am beginning to think that if I were not a Caucasian male, perhaps, I would get real treatment, instead of being marginalized.
NCQA Patient-Centered Medical Home
The patient-centered medical home is a way of organizing primary care that emphasizes care coordination and communication to transform primary care into what patients want it to be. Medical homes can lead to higher quality and lower costs, and can improve patients' and providers' experience of care.
Bridges to Excellence: Physician Office Systems Recognition Program
This program is designed to recognize practices that use information systems to enhance the quality of patient care. To obtain Recognition, practices must demonstrate that they have implemented systematic office
14 Years Experience
Saint Louis University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 2004
Metropolitan Hospital Center
Dr. Velarde C Raras accepts the following insurance providers.
- Kaiser Permanente
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsKaiser Permanente Medical Group, 7373 West Ln, Stockton, CA
Dr. Velarde C Raras is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Stockton, CA.