Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Venkat Sethuraman
Dr. Venkat Sethuraman, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Dallas, TX, with other offices in Dallas, TX and Duncanville, TX (and 1 other location). He has 20 years of experience. His specialties include Orthopaedic Surgery of the Spine and Orthopaedic Surgery. Dr. Sethuraman has received 1 award. He speaks English.
Dr. Venkat Sethuraman has the following 2 specialties
- Orthopaedic Surgery of the Spine
- Orthopaedic Surgery
- Herniated Disc
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Spinal Stenosis
- Compression Fractures
- Spinal Fractures
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Ankylosing Spondylitis
- Vertebroplasty (Kyphoplasty)
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Back Injuries
- Fracture Fixation
- Back Pain
- Neck Pain
Showing 5 of 58
For the first time in many years my neck is pain free. Dr. Sethurman was very decisive and clear on what my surgery would encompass. I was completely informed on what to expect before and after my surgery. His staff was professional and were able to respond to any questions that I had. I have no reservations on recommending Dr.Sutherman to anyone who needs spine surgery.
While flying home from the Virgin Islands last month my husband showed me an article in one of the magazines the airlines sticks in the back of the seats. The article's title read" The Best Doctors in America". In the Spine Doctors group was a picture of Doctor Sethuraman. I couldn't agree more. There was no way I would be on that plane or able to sail around The Islands if not his skill and talent. I suffered from upper cervical and lower lumbar injury for years.Chiropractic and physical therapy did nothing to ease the pain. Two other doctor's , a neurologist and an orthopedic surgeon, told me it was scar tissue and couldn't help. A friend of my husband,s referred me to Dr. Sethuraman. The friend had a pinched sciatic nerve and was in terrible pain and Dr Sethuraman had him back riding his bicycle and working on cars a few weeks after surgery.(He was 58 years old at the time and still going strong today at 61)My neck and back pain was almost unbearable. I couldn't sleep. I was depressed. I was taking pain medicine constantly. I was unable to work, exercise,or ride in a car for more than a few minutes. He performed a 360 lumbar fusion and posterior cervical spinal fusion. Two separate surgeries,both equally successful. After three months of recovery and six weeks physical therapy I am able to get back to a normal life, pain free for the first time in two and a half years. Work,going to the gym,riding with my husband on the motorcycle, and gardening are now back on the agenda! My husband and I are eternally grateful to Doctor Venkat Sethuraman. There were about 5 doctors on that list in that magazine, but i know who " The Best Spine Doctor in America " is.
I had been suffering from severe back pain for several years and was terrified by surgery. I had gotten the run around by many pain specialist without relief. A friend referred me to Dr. Sethuraman and his knowledge and jovial demeanor immediately put me at ease. I woke up after the surgery with all of my leg pain relieved. I can run around and play with my kids again! I would highly recommend him to any of my loved ones.
He stopped my back pain when no other neurosurgeon in my area would perform a fusion on me, and my recent cervical fusion was fantastic. I am virtually pain free!
20 Years Experience
Philadelphia College Of Osteopathic Medicine
Graduated in 1998
Dr. Venkat Sethuraman accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TX Blue Advantage HMO
- BCBS TX BlueChoice
- BCBS TX HMO Blue Texas
- Multiplan PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Venkat Sethuraman in this video.
Dr. Venkat Sethuraman is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Dallas, TX.