Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Venkatachalam Ayyagari has the following 2 specialties
- Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Gland Issues
- Addison Disease
- Cushing Disease
- Diabetes Mellitus, Type 1
- Diabetes (Types I & II)
- Diabetes, Type 2
Showing 5 of 8
i am a diabetic. i first saw dr. ayyagari way back in 1994. me and my family had just gotten on tenncare. he was so kind! he asked me so many questions! no doctor had ever cared this much for both me, and my family. he was very, very thorough. he has been my endocrinologist off and on ever since then. i went back to see him recently. he hasn't changed one bit! he is still the same kind, friendly doctor. go and see him! he will save your life!
Patients' Choice Award (2014, 2015)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
50 Years Experience
Topiwala National Medical College
Graduated in 1968
Regional Medical Center
Dr. Venkatachalam Ayyagari accepts the following insurance providers.
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsBartlett Medical Clinic, 2784 Bartlett Blvd, Memphis, TN
Dr. Venkatachalam Ayyagari is similar to the following 0 Doctors near Memphis, TN.