Get the facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Venkataramani Ramesh has the following 2 specialties
- Pediatric Cardiology
Pediatric cardiologists are pediatricians with additional, specialized, training in the heart health of your children. When infants are born with congenital heart disease or abnormal hearts, pediatric cardiologists get involved as soon as possible — sometimes before the child is even born.
Through specific testing, they can diagnose the problem and care for the child throughout their treatment, which could range from medication to surgery and transplants. Other heart conditions they treat include arrhythmias, heart murmurs, holes in the heart and viral infections that affect blood flow.
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
Dr. Venkataramani Ramesh has the following 6 expertise
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Unstable Angina
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Heart Block
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Binge Eating Disorder
Showing 2 of 2
Dr. Ramesh Iyer gave us a second opinion for my son five years ago for CPVT. We came to CHOP because we thought the organization was top notch. We were wrong. He confirmed a diagnosis for my son which turned out to be incorrect. My son didnât have CPVT but had Ventricular Ectopy. Five years later the Mayo clinic, who we found at medical conferences we started attending, ran a week long worth of their own tests and figured it out. The irony is the Mayo doctor figured it out in five minutes at the conference looking at the data. WOW!!! Mayo performed surgery and he is as good as new. No more medications and no life restrictions. Iyer cost my son his hockey career and ruined his high school years. . Looking back on the meeting with Iyer I was stupid in not recognizing he didnât even perform one test of his own. He just reviewed the paperwork sent to him by my sonâs primary cardiologist. He quickly reviewed the data, took our money, and sent us on our way after a 30 minute meeting. His bedside manner was terrible also as he told us what is the big deal - just stop playing hockey like it was nothing. That was my sons love and he was dam good at it. As it turns out his peers that he was as good as are now getting college scholarships. So you cost us a potential free ride thru college amongst many other things. I would never recommend this doctor to anyone. Stay away if you know whatâs best for you and your family. Go to the Mayo Clinic. Top notch facility and doctors. More cardiologist experience also.
University Of Connecticut Health Center
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsChildrens Hospital Of Philadelphia, 3401 Civic Center Blvd, Philadelphia, PA
Dr. Venkataramani Ramesh is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Philadelphia, PA.