Have you seen Venkatesh T Sawkar?

He was a father figure

I wrote that old review when I was sick. He is a very good doctor. I miss seeing him. I have a new Dr. Now, but Dr. Sawkar was always there for me. I hav nothing bad to say about him. He always tried to help. I'm sorry.

I know Dr Sawkar for few years . He is Good psychiatrist . People when they give history are not very clear . Most of time get misdiagnosed due to poor h/o . He do believe in old medicine and some of them r better then new one . their is side effect from all medicine . It depend that which meds will work for person . In psychiatric world this is all between pt and Dr . If pt. can tell Dr how this meds is working or not working that will help both of them . Ect treatment also has side effect as all meds we take for heart or diabeties . But in those cases we no if we don't take meds we are going to sick and die slowly . In case of mind , we can not see our self accept when we can not function then only may be think something is going on . Mind is hard to figure out . We ignore most . People have this stigma in mind if you have emotional problems . You are weak or dangerous . There is nothing in between . Meanwhile we all go through emotional turmoil and try to hide it with alcohol and drugs to hide ourself from this stigma of weakness and be in dangerous . By doing that we not only suffer with addiction but all family and society suffer from out come of doing drugs and alcohol . For mind this is all about relationship between Dr and Pt. don't have enough time to talk to pt. . They will not get paid if they spend to much time with one person.So there is pressure . Some time miscommunication and misunderstanding can misdiagnose . I give him 4 star . when he treat pt. with good history i have seen people getting better and moving on with their life .

Arrogant and promotes ECT as a cure-all for tough cases

Watch your step with this guy, because he is an ECT specialist and will try to convince you that ECT does not destroy your memory; (which is a complete lie). He will tell you that the position of the electric terminals has been changed, and that much less electricity is being used. Say goodbye to your life's memories.

Venkatesh T Sawkar is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Irvington, NY.