Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Venu J Akuthota has the following 1 specialty
- Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation
Dr. Venu J Akuthota has the following 13 expertise
- EMG/Nerve Conduction Studies
- Repetitive Strain Injuries (RSI)
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Nerve Damage
- Surgery Recovery
- Sports Medicine
- Chronic Pain
- Back Pain
Dr. Venu J Akuthota has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 10
I had moderate results with another CU doctor and physical therapist (actually I stopped going to the PT because he was ineffective). Then I was offered the opportunity to participate in Dr. A's research project so I could see him personally (he's the Director of CU's Spine Clinic, so he's not very easy to see). What a difference! His treatment and seeing the PT that he recommended made dramatic improvement in my back pain. If you have the opportunity to see him, do it! Remember, CU is a teaching hospital so you will usually see one of his residents first, but he has always supervised and will review your situation personally.
Dr Akuthota is extremely competent, and has a great mind for the big picture as well as all the details; great at getting to know you as a person and communicating with you / working with you to develop a plan of care. He has the best "bedside manner" of any doc I've ever had, primary or specialist. I have a high degree of trust and confidence in him - in his diagnosis, treatment, and recommendations. [The reader should know that I have a long history of working with various doctors and other care providers for 20 years for complex low-back problems; I am a fairly knowledgeable patient and have extremely high standards for medical providers. So its no small thing for me to rave about a Dr in this way.) Dr Akuthota is a highly skilled physician and a truly remarkable human being.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Top 10 Doctor - State (2014)
Top 10 Doctors are chosen by the millions of patients who visit Vitals each year to find a new doctor and share their experiences by providing ratings and reviews. In order to differentiate highly-regarded doctors from the rest for patients in search of quality care, Vitals awards Top 10 Doctor honors to those physicians within a certain specialty and geographic area who are consistently given top ratings by their patients.
Patients' Choice Award (2014, 2015)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014, 2015)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Mcgaw Medical Center
Dr. Venu J Akuthota accepts the following insurance providers.
- First Health PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsCu Sports Medicine Cherry Creek, 2000 S Colorado Blvd Ste 1, Denver, CO
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Venu J Akuthota in this video.
Dr. Venu J Akuthota is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Denver, CO.