Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Vera R Garber has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Sports Medicine
- Family Planning
- Weight Loss
- Arthroscopic Surgery (Arthroscopy)
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 29
The doctor does not have a pleasant bedside manner. I waited an hour for her to come in after I had that silly gown on. When she came in it was like she was in a hurry. I tired talking to them explaining some of my issue I have been having basically brushed them off and told me if nothing changes come back why would I come back I'm there now trying to explain my issue. Then she was not gentle when it came to the pelvic which is a no no in my book. You have to call over and over again to get your results. I had to wait a whole month to get my results and they doctor didn't even call me to explain anything. You shouldn't go into medicine if you don't really care about your patients
Won't be going back to this medical center or to Dr. Garber. No one would return my 4 phone calls regarding a discrepancy in my medication. She wrote the prescription wrong. No apologies from her rude staff once I did reach someone after 5 days. The office is dark and dank with a TV that is one of old heavy things. The guy at the front desk is unprofessional and sarcastic. When I had my physical, I had to call them for the results. Evidently, I was supposed to get a slip of paper from them with a phone number to call, but, of course, no one ever mentioned that detail. When you have a physical, your blood is taken separately and you sit in the waiting room for up to 45 minutes after your so-called physical before it's drawn. No urine is taken. Dr. Garber would ask me a question, and while answering it, she would roll her eyes and interrupt and ask the same question again, not allowing me to explain. Won't be going back. A prescription phone call should be returned within a day, not 5 days. I mentioned I thought I had IBS, and it was totally overlooked and not mentioned in return. Nice.
Dr. Garber is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Dr. Vera R Garber accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Select
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
Aetna Innovation Health
- Aetna VA Signature Gold HMO
- Anthem HealthKeepers HMO POS
- Anthem KeyCare PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CareFirst BlueChoice Advantage
- CareFirst BluePreferred PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry - Bon Secours Tier 2
- Coventry - Southside Tier 2
- Coventry DE PPO
- Coventry Virginia - HMO
- First Health PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Optimum Choice Preferred POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsTelegraph Corner Family Medicine, 3111 Telegraph Corner Ln Ste 100, Alexandria, VA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Vera R Garber in this video.
Dr. Vera R Garber is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Alexandria, VA.