Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Vera G Goode has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Vera G Goode has the following 7 expertise
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Dr. Vera G Goode has 0 board certified specialties
Showing 5 of 14
I have had the pleasure of knowing Dr. Goode for approx. 7 years, as she has been the attending physician for my immediately family. Dr. Goode is an exceptional doctor who treats the entire person, physically as well as mentally. She is a very patient, kind and caring physician, who teats each person as an individual and goes above and beyond to ensure that the best of care is provided. Dr. Goode is able to build a rapport with each patient, and make them feel special. In recent years, Dr. Goode has treated my sons. She has the ability to make them feel comfortable, which allows them to open up and share personal matters. I would highly recommend Dr. Goode as a very knowledgeable and caring physician.
I had the pleasure of being a patient of Dr. Vera Goode's when she was employed with Tricare Prime of Chesapeake many years ago. This woman was AWESOME. I can't say enough about her as a doctor. She was kind, thorough, extremely knowledgeable, and a great listener. My only sad time was when she left Tricare Prime to open her own practice. When anyone asks me if I know of a good doctor in the area, I say, "I know a wonderful doctor. Her name is Dr. Vera Goode."
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2011, 2012, 2013, 2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2011, 2012, 2013, 2014)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
36 Years Experience
Meharry Medical College
Graduated in 1982
Eastern Virginia Medical Center
Dr. Vera G Goode accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem HealthKeepers HMO POS
- Anthem KeyCare PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry Southern Health PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
Locations & DirectionsMid Atlantic Family Practice, 1020 Independence Blvd Ste 103, Virginia Beach, VA
Dr. Vera G Goode is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Virginia Beach, VA.