Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Facts about carpal tunnel syndrome, including the causes and symptoms.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Fibromyalgia Facts about fibromyalgia, including the symptoms and conditions.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Verlene J Gauthier
Dr. Verlene J Gauthier, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Renton, WA, with other offices in Seattle, WA and Covington, WA . She has 34 years of experience. Her specialties include Rheumatology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Gauthier has received 2 awards. She speaks English.
Dr. Verlene J Gauthier has the following 2 specialties
A rheumatologist is a physician who has received extensive training in diagnosing and treating rheumatic conditions. Rheumatic conditions involve the joints, soft tissues, autoimmune system, vascular system, and connective tissues.
Some of the conditions that rheumatologists treat are rheumatoid arthritis, ankylosing spondylitis, gout, sarcoidosis, vasculitis, and lupus. These are all conditions that involve a lot of pain and make mobility difficult. Rheumatologists use medications, such as analgesics, NSAIDs, steroids, DMARDs, infliximab, and adalimumab, as well as occupational therapy, in order to decrease pain and improve a patient's quality of life.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Verlene J Gauthier has the following 6 expertise
- Rheumatic Diseases
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
Showing 5 of 5
I started seeing Dr. G 6 years ago now. I can't tell you how much she and her asst Carrie has helped. While I still have a bad disease I feel it is much better controlled. She not only explains everything to you but she LISTENS to what you think and what you want to try. I was about to literally take my life before I found Dr G. She and Carrie saved me and my marriage. A great Doctor is more then a smart diagnostic person. They are people who want to heal. I believe that when Dr G goes home at night she thinks about her patients and how she can best help them.I have sent her about 20 people that have come into my practice and everyone that sees her thanks me like I was the healer. If you aren't happy with your Rheumatoligist I suggest you try Dr. G.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2010)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2010, 2011)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
34 Years Experience
University Of Washington School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1984
New York Presbyterian Hospital
Dr. Verlene J Gauthier accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- First Health PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Moda Health First Choice Network
Locations & Directions
Dr. Verlene J Gauthier is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Renton, WA.