Get the facts about chronic pain, including body parts that are most commonly affected and complications that can arise from the condition.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Huntington’s Disease Learn about Huntington’s Disease, including risk factors and causes
- Insomnia Facts about insomnia; who gets it and what causes it.
- Lyme Disease Facts about lyme disease; where it’s found and stages of the disease
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Vernita D Hairston has the following 3 specialties
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
- Spinal Cord Injury Medicine
- Orthopaedic Surgery of the Spine
Dr. Vernita D Hairston has the following 4 expertise
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Migraine Disorders
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
Dr. Vernita D Hairston has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 3 of 3
She was very aggrogent, I gave her a very detailed history and it all went in one ear and our the other. She treated me like I was crazy. She acted like paitents were stupid and a waste of time. Complaing that running test were a waste of time. Acting like I was stupid to even come to see her. My family doc had sent me because of a major attack that looked like ms. She takes one look at me and totally blows me off saying their is no way I could have ms and any testing would be a waste of time. When I told her my family doc wanted me to have a mri, she rolls her eyes and goes well your insurance probably won't pay it because I can't chart ms. Without a doubt one of the worst docs I have ever seen what so ever. She was 45 min late calling me back, her computers were down, the nurse tooked almost a hour to check me in, the doc took over a hour to do a neurological test. She treated me like a special needs child, spending most time asking my wife questions then me. She didn't believe anything I said, reasking the same question 2 or 3 times and giving me this look like I was a liar. Then she spends 30 min talking to me about my daughter, at my appointment. I told her 3 times she doesn't have anything neurological testing and she refused to believe me. She was one of the worst docters I have ever seen. Don't waste your time with her, avoid this doc at all cost. I am currently get a rerefferal.
31 Years Experience
University of Maryland
Graduated in 1987
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & Directions2301 Holmes St, Kansas City, MO
Dr. Vernita D Hairston is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Kansas City, MO.