Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Vernon W Averhart has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Hot Flashes
- Menstrual Pain
- Women's Health
- Child Birth
- Birth Control
- Pelvic Exam
- Pap Smear
Showing 5 of 7
Besides you breaking my water with ur hand you were a great doctor. I jus know that there are tools to make it less painful but other than that you were very caring and never was jus in and out when i had routine doctor visits you talk to me and made me feel comfortable. I felt like I had been knowing you from the first doctor visit. You delivered my first child and coached me thru it well. For a matter of fact I did nt listen so whoever is reading this if he tells you not to push dont push because I tore myself not listening and had to get three stitches so listen he has been doin this a long time
On-Time Doctor Award (2014)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2014)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
43 Years Experience
Washington University In St Louis School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1975
Sinai Grace Hospital
Dr. Vernon W Averhart accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsSt Joseph Hospital - Eureka, 2700 Dolbeer St, Eureka, CA
Dr. Vernon W Averhart is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Eureka, CA.