Get the important facts about acne, including the different types and what causes it.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Acne Important facts about acne and what causes it.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Vernon C Johnson has the following 2 specialties
- Adolescent Medicine
Adolescent specialists are doctors who have advanced training in the health issues that adolescents face. These physicians deal with issues like the onset of puberty, reproductive health, eating disorders, irregular periods, mood changes, drugs and pressures from home and school. For girls entering adulthood, adolescent specialists can act as both pediatrician and gynecologist, so they only have to see one doctor for all their needs.
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases
- Depressive Disorder
- Eating Disorders
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Substance Abuse
- Birth Control
Showing 5 of 34
Office staff is INCREDIBLY unhelpful. When calling to ask about the lag in my prescription being called in, I was basically threatened and told to stop calling or they would no longer see me. They also told me that i should "pray your prescription gets called in today or i guess you're out of luck" and also told me no when I asked to speak to my physician or leave him a direct message about how poor my level of service has been over the last several months. If I could afford to go see another doctor, I would no longer waste my time going here.
I initially really like this doctor, but discovered he has an abrupt, rude, explosive temper if you try to talk to him about anything he doesn't want to deal with (insurance, med changes), and a very inappropriate and scarey bedside. He should NOT be seeing people with seious mental health issues who are vulnerable to personal criticism and depression. He should NOT be in psychiatry at ALL. Beware sending loved ones unattended to this man. He has serious personal problems.
28 Years Experience
University Of Texas Medical Branch School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1990
University Of Texas Health System
Dr. Vernon C Johnson accepts the following insurance providers.
- CIGNA PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Vernon C Johnson is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Sherman, TX.