Dr. Vernon Dorfman Is this you?

2.6

Neutral

Have you seen Dr. Vernon Dorfman?

Posted on November 14th, 2016

Dr. Dorfman is great! I have seen him for a couple of years and he is top notch

Posted on March 26th, 2015

Not good guys.....Parents be ware.

Better you should spend the $ on a good expensive dinner

Posted on February 22nd, 2013

In those days he was a "primal" therapist. Mostly it was about HIM. The therapy AND he was a huge mistake. Very into himself. ugh.

good guy

Posted on December 26th, 2011

Although he may have a lot of patients, I found him very easy to talk to and have not had any issues with waiting. He is genuinely into listening to me, and has been extremely helpful when I see him. Very compassionate and very nice, as for his tendency to prescribe medications, that is his job. For those unsatisfied with his treatments I suggest seeing a psychologist not a psychiatrist.

A busy but caring Dr.

Posted on November 5th, 2011

Dr. Dorfman is definitely a busy man, but there are not many psychiatrists in this city that take insurance. And while he plays more psychopharmacologist role for me, he truly cares and empathizes with me and often challenges my preconceived notions on psychiatry. As a recovering addict, Dr. Dorfman respects my sobriety, but is willing to catch me when my hesitance over helpful medication is completely fear based. He also worked with me around some insurance issues I was having in an efficient and productive way. I just feel like I have a partner in dealing with my psychiatric issues as opposed to Doctor who relegates my feelings. I'll admit, It took me two sessions to realize that he wasn't challenging the legitimacy of my feelings, but instead was asking provoking questions to try to find the best medicine for me. I've grown to really like the guy, despite his busy schedule.

Somewhat good, somewhat bad

Posted on July 28th, 2011

In reading the other comments I have to agree that DR. Dorfman crams a lot of people into his schedule. But the thing that bothers me the most is his tendency to chat. and chat....and chat....I have to re-focus him back to me! Isn't that his job? I am currently seeking a replacement.

Worst experience at a caregiver

Posted on February 16th, 2011

One of the worst experiences I ever had at a caregiver.Was stuffing a ridiculous amount of patients into his schedule. Has no staff. takes only cash. Talked about himself throughout the session. Judged and preached me his religious views. Gave me drugs for ADHD without making any tests, and at the very first visit. I went to him only few times. Predictably, no follow up calls were even attempted. He manages his little office as a fast food restaurant.To my opinion, of course, he cares only about money, regardless of the damage he may cause on the way. I think he's a disgrace to the profession. Will suggest to avoid at all costs.

Awful

Posted on January 4th, 2011

His "wife" tried to charge me $140 for an appointment even though my insurance covered 100%. When I called my insurance and had them confirm with them on the line, she told them they wouldn't be seeing me and they had torn my file up. I guess they didn't think I would actually call to check my coverage and would just hand them money. Run while you can.

He sucks

Posted on December 13th, 2010

"whiney" isn't a word, but "loser" is, loser. If you like pills you'll love Vernon Dorfman.

Posted on November 17th, 2010

Loads in too many patients into his schedule; keeps you waiting for 45 minutes. Tries to sell you on his religious views

Awesome

Posted on October 5th, 2010

These other reviewers are whiney losers. I've been seeing him for 2 years, and never had a problem. He rocks.

Avoid

Posted on February 16th, 2010

No diagnosis, no questions, no empathy. Just drugs.