Get the facts about contraceptive implants, including how they work, the benefits and risks, and what types of doctors implant them.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- IUD Types, risks & benefits of intrauterine devices (IUD) for protection.
- Infertility Facts about infertility, including the risk factors and causes.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Menorrhagia Get the facts about menorrhagia, including the causes, symptoms, and doctors who treat it.
- Migraine Facts about migraine headaches and different types of migraines.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Vernon Kraus has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
An obstetrician & gynecologist, or OB/GYN, is a physician who cares for women throughout their pregnancies, straight through to the delivery of their baby (obstetrician). They also specialize in annual care, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of disorders of the female reproductive system (gynecologist). Many physicians specialize in both of these fields in order to provide complete overall health services to women at every stage of life.
Dr. Vernon Kraus has the following 11 expertise
- Birth Control
- Child Birth
- Hot Flashes
- Menstrual Pain
- Pap Smear
- Pelvic Exam
- Women's Health
Dr. Vernon Kraus has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Vernon Kraus is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 6
Dr. Kraus seems like a kindly gentleman with a good bedside manner. However, I have suffered many problems since he performed two (it was later discovered) unnecessary surgeries. The first was to remove an IUD that supposedly migrated into my uterus. After surgery, he admitted that it hadn't migrated but that my previous doctor had cut the nylon too short for him to take it out in the office. I believed him. He put me on birth control pills instead. A few years later, he wanted me off the birth control because it was unsafe to take them for extended periods, or so I was told. I began have abdominal cramping and extreme pain in my lower abdomen. Dr. Kraus wanted to perform a hysterectomy. I was only 34 so I went to a urologist and a gastroenterologist to determine if my problem might be some other cause. After many tests and two years of pain, Dr. Kraus diagnosed me with a spastic uterus as the only solution. (I later learned from other doctors that no such condition existed.) Dr. Kraus admitted after surgery that he had found only one tiny fibroid cyst (which I now know could have easily been removed without a complete hysterectomy). Anyway, nice as he seemed to be, I believe he has caused me years of complications. This all happened 30 years ago; I'm only now writing this review because I now suffer from rectocele most likely caused by my vaginal hysterectomy.
On-Time Doctor Award (2015)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Dr. Kraus is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
48 Years Experience
University of Cincinnati
Graduated in 1965
Kaiser Permanente Medical Center
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsWHOLE WOMANS HEALTH OF AUSTIN LP, 8401 N Interstate 35, Austin, TX
Dr. Vernon Kraus is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Austin, TX.