Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Vernon Vix Jr
Dr. Vernon Vix Jr, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Evansville, IN. He has 39 years of experience. His specialties include Internal Medicine. Dr. Vix is affiliated with Deaconess Hospital, St Mary's Medical Center - Evansville and HealthSouth Deaconess Rehabilitation Hospital. Dr. Vix has received 1 award. He speaks English.
Dr. Vernon Vix Jr has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Vernon Vix Jr has the following 7 expertise
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Dr. Vernon Vix Jr is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 8
He suddenly dropped me from his practice after falsely accusing me of diverting my pain medications. He then voided all of my routine and PRN medications through my pharmacy. And he had me on a lot of medications! I couldn't even get my blood pressure pills refilled! I'm now considered a "risk" for being prescribed pain med's although I have so many ortho. conditions. This accusation is now in my medical records and I still don't know what to do except move out of the state. I have never sold or diverted my medications and I can't prove this except by going down to the police station and asking for a lie detection test. I will never get over what he has done for me. I will never get over these accusations. They are in my medical records for ever. I have no choice but to move away, and possibly change my name! This doctor is psychotic!
Not safe! This doc was wonderful when I first began seeing him. But now, he is totally unpredictable. I agree with another post here that he hands out very powerful drugs. His personality is nasty and many of my friends say the same thing about him. I now take back my 5 star post and am changing it to a 0. Enough said!
My only problem is with Dr Vegas is I've seen Dr Vics for 15 years and he put me on all types of medicines that were inappropriate and then when he kick me out at his patient trying to find another doctor that would take me while I took these medicines was very hard. I think she doesn't try to fix the problem long term he just tried to fix it with medicine and sends you on your way and keeps you medicated but doesn't try to fix the issue at hand
On-Time Doctor Award (2016)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Dr. Vix is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
St Mary's Medical Center - Evansville
HealthSouth Deaconess Rehabilitation Hospital
39 Years Experience
Vanderbilt University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1977
St Louis University Hospital
Dr. Vernon Vix Jr accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Blue Access PPO
- Anthem Blue Preferred HMO
- Anthem IN Pathway X Bronze Direct CACA HIX
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- HealthLink PPO
- Sagamore Plus
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsDeaconess Clinic Downtown, 421 Chestnut St, Evansville, IN
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Vernon Vix Jr in this video.
Dr. Vernon Vix Jr is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Evansville, IN.