Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Veronica D Kim has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Veronica D Kim has the following 6 expertise
- Weight Loss
Showing 5 of 22
I waited 4 months for the appointment. She informed me that it was standard, she was in high demand. I found her very cold and not helpful. Said that based on family history I would get diabetes, only a matter of time. When I asked her how to handle it she said when I got it she would manage it for me and not to worry. She need her time to treat people who were sick and I should educate myself by taking advantage of the information found on the internet.
Dr. Kim is an excellent doctor. I have been a patient of hers for about 9 years and she has done more for me than any other doctor I have ever had. Just recently, she pointed out a mole that looked suspicious and sent me to a dermatologist. I found out that this was precancerous and if left unchecked, would have had serious consequences. I would highly recommend her as a primary physician.
Making an appointment via telephone took 15 minutes on hold and an additional 10 minutes to schedule the appt. Wait time took 20 minutes to see Dr. Kim. Dr. Kim and her nurse moved me in out of the exam very quickly. Dr. Kim appeared to be not interested in my health issues, but only to mark on her paperwork I was there, so my insurance company would pay her. Dr. Kim showed no kindness or interest to listen to me or help me. Dr. Kim only wanted to make her money. Very sad. I wasted a great deal of my time and my insurance company's money for nothing. I am happy to have a new doctor that has interest in my health and a much nicer efficient staff and extremely more professional.
29 Years Experience
Jefferson Medical College Of Thomas Jefferson University
Graduated in 1989
Thomas Jefferson University Hospital
Dr. Veronica D Kim accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Blue Access PPO
- Anthem Blue Preferred HMO
- Anthem Blue Preferred Plus POS
- Anthem MO Blue Preferred Options
- Anthem MO Direct Access w/HSA
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Cigna MISSOURI NET - NET POS Seamless
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry KS PPO
- Coventry MO HMO POS
- Coventry MO PPO
- Coventry OA EPO Exchange - KS/MO
- CoventryOne PPO Network
- HealthLink PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsChesterfield Internal Medicine And Rheumatology Llc, 226 S Woods Mill Rd Ste 43, Chesterfield, MO
Dr. Veronica D Kim is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Chesterfield, MO.