2.7

Neutral

The most unprofessional office staff I've ever dealt with!

The office of Dr. Veronique Jotterand (ophthalmologist) is the rudest, most unprofessional medial office that I have ever had the displeasure of dealing with!! My baby girl has been dealing with a cyst-like formation under her eyelid that is protruding into her eye, since Saturday. I took her to urgent care (when it wasn't nearly this bad) and the pediatrician submitted an URGENT referral to an ophthalmologist but stated that if it got red and/or swollen she needed to be seen ASAP. Well, it did and the referral to this doctor's office was approved. Her PCP's office called and gave me the info and the referral number to call and schedule the appointment yesterday. When I called, the employee on the phone was incredibly rude and unhelpful. She told me she had not received anything. So I told her I had the Auth number if she could look it up with that. She told me she was unable to do so and the referral needed to be re-sent. I then found out that that was not true! She could have looked it up with the number and even after our referral coordinator re-faxed the auth I called back and told her she needed to look it up like she should have in the first place. Once she found it, she told me she couldn't schedule the appointment cause it was "all wrong" (a code was wrong). The referral coordinator, Ana, fixed it and resubmitted extremely quickly and even took the liberty to call the office to make sure they received it. When I called to schedule the appointment I was told the soonest she could be seen was next Wednesday. I told them that was unacceptable as my daughter needed to be seen right away and explained her symptoms. I was told they would see if they could "squeeze her in" and then was given the option for Monday, still almost a week. I said that was no good and she needed to be seen no later than today. She then proceeded to tell me that the doctor was not in the office at all this week and there was no way to have her seen any sooner than Monday. After taking her to CHOC last night, where they were also unable to do anything for her, I called her PCP's office to see if there were any other options. Ana then called me back confused as to why I had not taken her in today. Apparently she was told that Angel could have been seen today at 930 and no one told me that. When I called the office to find what was going on, the response I got was incredible! I was told that Ana was lying to me and that no one ever told her that! But that they could squeeze her in tomorrow at 930. I asked how that was possible when I was told that the doctor was not in. She said the main doctor was out but another doctor was in! So why was I told she could not be seen?! She continued to tell me that Ana had lied to me, which I found ironic considering they had already lied to me TWICE! I said I wanted to speak to the manager and I got the same response from the manager!! She told me there was some sort of "miscommunication" about the doctor not being in (ummmmm... that's not a miscommunication, that's a flat out lie) and that "stuff happens". When I told her that this was completely unacceptable and that my daughter was suffering, her response to me was "oh my gosh, we see this all the time, your daughter is not suffering"!! I was infuriated! I told her how dare she try and tell me my child wasn't suffering. I gave her an earful. She then proceeded to tell me that I needed to get a hold of myself because I was "out of control" and "aggressive". Heck yes I was aggressive!! That's my baby girl's health. If I'm not aggressive for her, who will be?? She then told me she was going to call my PCP and request that we be referred to a different ophthalmologist cause maybe it was best we go elsewhere. I am still in such sock and awe at the disgraceful, disgusting, abhorable attitude of the entire staff. NO ONE should have to deal with this kind of treatment, especially in times of health concens! I wouldn't send my worst enemy there. Anybody who's even considering going to this deplorable office should safe themselves the agony!

Surgery is useless

My father had strabismus surgery by Dr. Jotterand. She went on and on about how she could fix his eyes and how great they would look. Well, it's been months and his eyes show no change whatsoever. Also, if you go to Dr. Jotterand's website, it will take you to a page where you can buy pills for erectile dysfunction. ????

Bad experience

The office is very old and needs repairs. It's also in a dumpy neighborhood. The staff is a bunch of illegals who barely speak English. Anyway, I had surgery with Dr. Jotterand to correct strabismus. (Eye that turns outward) The surgery did not help my eye at all. I told Dr. Jotterand this and she told me that my eye looked great. Huh?! My eye looks exactly the same! I then asked her about having another surgery done and she said that I was too old. My feelings were SO hurt. I am 25! She clearly states on her website that surgery will work on children and adults. I don't understand her at all.

She did an EXCELLENT job with my son's eye surgery and was very honest with us from beginning. I would definately recommend her.

i had wonderful experience excellent Doctor

Dr. Veronique H Jotterand is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Long Beach, CA.