Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Pregnancy Facts about pregnancy, including symptoms you can expect to have.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Seasonal Allergies Facts about seasonal allergies, the different types and the symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Victor P Abdow Jr
Dr. Victor P Abdow Jr, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Rockville, MD. He has 26 years of experience. His specialties include Pediatrics. Dr. Abdow is affiliated with Adventist Healthcare Shady Grove Medical Center and Inova Fairfax Hospital. Dr. Abdow has received 1 award. He speaks English.
Dr. Victor P Abdow Jr has the following 1 specialty
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
Dr. Victor P Abdow Jr has the following 11 expertise
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Child Nutrition Disorders
- Pediatric Diabetes
- Adolescent Medicine
Showing 5 of 14
Horrible! Worst pediatrician my kids have ever visited. Claimed to take important swab of my child to check for serious genetic disease but never reported results back to us. Failed to return my calls asking about results. When I finally reached them months later they claimed the swab samples were somehow "lost" and had us come in again to redo the test. But once again they did not call to tell me the results. So once again, I had to make numerous calls to find out what happened. Finally, they told me that the lab they had supposedly sent my child's swabs to had closed. I finally switched to another doctor after a year of this incompetence and/or deceit.
Dr. Abdow prescribed Albuterol to our 10 month old twins when they had a simple cold. He used a bunk device (that is supposed to be used for adults) to coerce me into an unnecessary treatment. The "test" read an incredibly low score (meaning that my son shouldn't have been breathing) and instead of retesting him he attempted scare tactics and said Albuterol was "completely harmless". Of course he had samples and devices in his office (I wonder if his pharmaceutical rep compensates him for prescriptions and recommendations of a drug that's side effects far outweigh the benefits). And our 10 month old sons don't have asthma, they had a cold. Be VERY weary of Dr. Abdow at Abdow Pediatrics. We are moving our three boys to a new pediatrician.
Castle Connolly Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
Dr. Abdow is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
26 Years Experience
Georgetown University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1992
Georgetown University Medical Center
Dr. Victor P Abdow Jr accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Select
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem HealthKeepers HMO POS
- Anthem KeyCare PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CareFirst BlueChoice Advantage
- CareFirst BluePreferred PPO
- CareFirst Maryland POS
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry DE PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Optimum Choice Preferred POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsAbdow Friendship Pediatrics, 11125 Rockville Pike Ste 307, Rockville, MD
Dr. Victor P Abdow Jr is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Rockville, MD.