Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Victor H Alcocer
Dr. Victor H Alcocer, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Oxnard, CA. He has 37 years of experience. His specialties include Internal Medicine. Dr. Alcocer is affiliated with Community Memorial Hospital Of San Buenaventura and St Johns Pleasant Valley Hospital. He speaks English.
Dr. Victor H Alcocer has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Weight Loss
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 9
Going to this office is the worst experience I have ever had sitting under a doctor's care. You wait forever to see the doctor, (if you wait 1 hour you have done well), then when you get in to see the doctor you are rushed out! No bedside manners what so ever. I found out that I had an illness through a card that was mailed to me in the mail. I had no idea what it was! I thought they would at least call me. I had to do my own research on line to find out what it was. I am currently looking for another doctor.
Every time my grandmother went to this dr her appointments were longer than 3 hours. The final straw was when he misdiagnosed her "rash" prescribed her an anti-fungal medication without even looking at what she was complaining of she ended up in the hospital for 9 days with a sever infection cause she trusted her dr. Even worse is rudeness of his staff when we had to reschedule her follow up for his misdiagnosis cause her surgeon could only see her that day to make sure she didn't need a third surgery his staff said the next appointment wasn't until 45 days later even though she needed to be seen when we said just cancel it we won't be coming back the receptionist said whatever and hung up!!! Please don't use this dr!!!
This Doctor doesn't seem to care a whole lot about his patients. His staff is very disrespectful and do not return calls. Its hard to get an appointment and when you do obtain one, the wait time is excessive and when Dr. Alcocer sees you he wants you in and out quickly. I will be looking for another Doctor.
Dr. Alcocer is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
37 Years Experience
Universidad Autonoma De Nuevo Leon
Graduated in 1981
Lincoln Medical And Mental Health Center
Dr. Victor H Alcocer accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of CA
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus Savenet
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA Local Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Local Access + HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- First Health PPO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
- Humana Choice POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PHCS PPO Kaiser
- UHC SignatureValue Flex2
- UHC SignatureValue Flex3
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsSpanish Hills Medical Group, 1901 Outlet Center Dr Ste 200, Oxnard, CA
Dr. Victor H Alcocer is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Oxnard, CA.