Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Gastric Cancer Facts about Gastric Cancer, including symptoms and treatment
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Victor M Amato has the following 2 specialties
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Victor M Amato has the following 12 expertise
- Acid Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Celiac Disease
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Hepatitis C
- Abdominal Pain
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
Showing 1 of 4
Ain't no cameras going anywhere ever again
Self-verified patient of Dr. Victor M Amato - Posted on June 17th, 2013
I was originally sent for upper and lower GI, thank goodness, he only did one. He left me with half a #3 prolapse, that swells worse than the original whole thing did when I was referred to him. Now, he isn't RH anymore, and you can't get past the person who answers, without money.BCBS should have covered anything that took place, they chose not to do so, then the company cancelled all medical benefits, that was 6 months of feeling as if all the flaps he had to push that camera through didn't go back like they were suppose to and the worst symptom of that was the feeling of 'sh****g razor blades...it has taken over a year and hundred of dollars for witch hazel, aloe, GOOD lotion, mineral oil,enemas(have you seen what mineral oil cost?), fiber, watching everything I eat, mainly because I have allergies and have recently been told, that I should have been a bubble baby. If I could get a response, in a positive way, to finish what he started, because the pain to just use the bathroom can make throw up. I probably could pay them off completely, but we don't even get to that in the conversation. And still would like to know why my pelvic bone hurt for over a year, like, nerve damage? sure you don't want to call me?your girls do.
36 Years Experience
University Of Medicine And Dentistry Of New Jersey
Graduated in 1982
Dr. Victor M Amato accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
BCBS North Carolina
- BCBS NC Blue Value
- BCBS NC BlueOptions
BCBS South Carolina
- BCBS South Carolina
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
Locations & DirectionsCATAWBA GASTROENTEROLOGY, 108 Healthcare Dr, Lancaster, SC
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Victor M Amato, MD - Gastroenterology in Lancaster, SC, in this video.
Dr. Victor M Amato is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Lancaster, SC.