Vitals cannot verify whether or not this professional is currently practicing. We recommend that you attempt to contact the provider to verify their status. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any additional information.
Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
About Dr. Victor Contri
Dr. Victor Contri, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Michigan City, IN. He has 39 years of experience. His specialties include Family Medicine and General Practice. Dr. Contri is affiliated with Franciscan St Anthony Health - Michigan City, Franciscan St. Anthony Health Michigan City and Franciscan St. Anthony MC. He speaks English.
Dr. Victor Contri has the following 2 specialties
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- General Practice
A general practitioner is similar to a family practitioner in that they treat patients of all ages with a variety of health concerns. These doctors treat everyday ailments, some acute and chronic diseases, and also provid health checkups, physicals, inoculations and preventative care.
General practitioners differ from family practitioners because they are not required to complete an additional residency in family medicine after completing their medical school residency. Like family practitioners, general practitioners will also provide referrals to patients who are in need of a specialist.
Dr. Victor Contri has the following 1 expertise
- Flu (Human Influenza)
Dr. Victor Contri has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 10
Wonderful bedside manner and a perfect doctor for the elderly who want a buddy to trust. Unfortunately, Dr. Contri does not know modern medicine and is a typical 1970's pharmaceutical guy. Even the nursing staff across the street cringe when his patient's end up in ICU due to his incompetence. Stay clear.
Dr. Contri is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Franciscan St Anthony Health - Michigan City
Franciscan St. Anthony Health Michigan City
Franciscan St. Anthony MC
St. Anthony Hospital
39 Years Experience
Indiana University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1974
Ball Memorial Hospital
Dr. Victor Contri accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Blue Access PPO
- Anthem IN Pathway X Bronze Direct CACA HIX
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA PPO
PHP Northern IN
- PHP Select with Encircle
- Sagamore Plus
Locations & DirectionsFranklin Clinic, 3723 Franklin St, Michigan City, IN
Dr. Victor Contri is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Michigan City, IN.