Dr. Victor J Douek Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Victor J Douek?

This man is one to watch out for. Tread carefully. Don't let him dismiss important concerns. It's a shame he's so preoccupied with his own family yet he's an obstetrician. Go figure.

He is such a great doctor to be a last minute substitute obstetrician to my wife unlike the "official obstetrician" that runaway because he apparently had a better thing to do instead of bringing my baby born. Anyways, Dr. Victor Douek is our hero!

amazing doctor & staff

Dr. Douek is an amazing physician all around. I have never had such a thorough a doctor with such genuine concern for my well being. I was impressed by his hand written note talking & attentive ear. His staff is equally compassionate. I would highly recommend him to anyone who is expecting, especially if you're over 35!

Best OB/GYN in NYC

I love Dr. Douek and wouldn't think of switching to anyone else. He is kind, compassionate and extremly patient. I has two very difficult c-sections with him, that I truly believe other doctors would have been unable to perform. Yes, the office wait is very long; but remember that if he's not in the office then he is in the hospital doing deliveries. If you want a quick in and out office then choose a practice with multiple doctors. If you want great care and a compassionate physician then choose Dr. Victor Douek.

I had the most horrible experience with Dr Douek. After.After four years I could still feel the pain what his office and he did to me.He scared me throughout my pregnancy.I couldn't enjoy the excitement of expecting my first child.The wait was always crazy just to get a minimum amount of time w this Dr.He was very not encouraging and not positive.The bottom line is that I ended with a C-sec for no good reason which left me deeply scarred emotionally and physically.I would not recommend this Dr.

Best doctor

I had a tough pregnancy and Dr Douek was patient, careful and caring. He is extremely thorough and ensures that you are tested for any condition that may complicate the pregnancy. When you visit the office, expect to wait awhile, but its worth it. He answers any questions you have, does a complete checkup and doesn't rush you out. When I used to visit for just a checkup it annoyed me a little,,but once I was pregnant, I understood how important it is for someone to take their time with you. He took such good care of me and my baby. He's the best.

I have only the nicest things to say about Dr Douek he is caring gentle and understanding. He has very nice bedside manners and is very knowledgable

5 star experience!!

Dr. Victor Douek is the nicest doctor i have ever been to. I travel over an hour every time i visit his office, and its worth the ride each time!! His nursing staff and secretaries are professional and wonderful! Although he see's hundreds of patients every day, He and his staff know you well, and greet you by your first name when you arrive to the office!! If you live in NY and can be his patient, consider yourself lucky!!!

Unfortunately.....

I will have to change doctors. I have been going to this office for 3 years. Initially I was seeing another Dr. in the office when there were about 3 of them in practice here. Slowly it came down to only Dr. Douek being there. Recently I had to wait about 3 weeks for an appt. Then when I finally got it, I was in the waiting room for two hours! Next I was told to change and waited an addtional 20-25 mins. Most of the women there are expectant mothers and probably not working or on leave from work. I schedule these appts during my lunch break and was livid by the time I met the Doctor. The staff is pleasant for the most part and so is the Dr. but I can't deal with the overbooking of appts and the extended wait time. When he finally came into the room for me I had already gotten dressed and told him I was leaving. I called earlier today abt 11am to speak to Heidi (the nurse) and ask her a few questions. I was told she was busy with another patient and would call me back. It's now 5:30pm and I'm still waiting for her call. It's officially time for me to move on to another pyhsician. Good luck to all of you who have the paitience to continue to go and wait.

Dr doueck is the best obgyn out there! It's worth the wait time to be seen by a really caring and professional dr. The office staff Is amazing. I asked them if I can go out and shop instead of waiting in the office and they told me that I should go and they'll call me when he's ready for me!!!

dr douek is very knowledgable, courteous, patient, and caring. he listens to all questions and concerns and gives you the time you need. i have never had a problem (except the wait time-but well worth it)and would continue to use dr douek until i am finished having children.

Dr. Doek is a great and caring doctor. Unfortunately, his office right now doesn't seem to be able to handle the workload so well. I waited 2 hours the last time I was there, and that was not unusual. When I called to get test results, it did not seem that the receptionist at the front desk cared so much. While the nurse is caring as well, she could not find my vein. While this is fine and it happens sometimes, I wish she could have allowed another nurse to try so I did not have to go to a separate facility to get my blood taken.