Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Breast Cancer Breast cancer facts, including risks for developing it.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Cancer Get the facts you need about cancer.
- Chemotherapy A breakdown of the types of chemotherapy & potential side effects.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Victor J Hirsch Jr
Dr. Victor J Hirsch Jr, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Brownwood, TX. He has 42 years of experience. His specialties include Hospice & Palliative Medicine, Medical Oncology, Hematology & Oncology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Hirsch is affiliated with Hendrick Medical Center Ltac. He speaks English.
Dr. Victor J Hirsch Jr has the following 4 specialties
- Hospice & Palliative Medicine
- Medical Oncology
Think of an oncologist as your main physician for cancer care. After being diagnosed, you’ll meet regularly with an oncologist to explore and manage your treatment options, as well as monitor your condition throughout the process. Medical oncologists are extremely knowledgeable in various types of cancer treatment and can recommend the right method for the type and stage of cancer you’re facing.
They may also refer you to additional specialists throughout your care, but they will always be your home base for questions and support. It’s also worth mentioning that medical oncologists deal mostly with solid tumors while hematologists specialize in cancers that involve blood disorders, such as leukemia.
- Hematology & Oncology
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Bone Marrow and Lymphatic Tissue Cancer (Hematologic Neoplasm)
- Blood Cancer
- Myelodysplastic Syndromes
- Myeloproliferative Disorders
- Multiple Myeloma (Cancer of Plasma Cells)
- Bone Marrow Transplant
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 5
Both my wife and I were patients of Dr. Victor Hirsch. Because of his care for her and his determination to find the absolute best treatment for her regardless of where that treatment was given, she survived and thrived eleven years after being diagnosed with sage four ovarian cancer. He was also my hematologist due to a strike caused by a blood clot. I have never seen a more dedicated doctor in any profession in my entire life than Dr. Hirsch.
Dr. Hirsch is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
42 Years Experience
University Of Texas Southwestern Medical School
Graduated in 1976
University Of Texas Health System
Dr. Victor J Hirsch Jr accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TX BlueChoice
- BCBS TX HMO Blue Texas
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsBrown Emergency Medicine Associates Pa, 1501 Burnet Rd, Brownwood, TX
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Victor J Hirsch Jr in this video.
Dr. Victor J Hirsch Jr is similar to the following 0 Doctors near Brownwood, TX.