Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Victor R Mujica has the following 2 specialties
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Victor R Mujica has the following 10 expertise
- Acid Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Celiac Disease
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Abdominal Pain
- Hepatitis C
Dr. Victor R Mujica has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 17
I am sorry to say that he has ruined my stomach which was not as worst as before. Under his treatment (Blood test, stool test, Endoscopy & thereafter consuming high power antibiotics & other medicines), my gastric condition got worst thereafter. Before it was occasional which become regular. And surprisingly after so much of expenditure & having reverse effect of endoscopy/medication, I wasnât allowed for discussion with doctor & was advised for 1 more appointment for any further discussion. Now I fear going to any doctor for further treatment.
The office makes it easy for you to get in for an appointment, but that is the only positive I can give Mujica and his office. I had been going to him for 3 years until I moved to Indiana, where I got a REAL gastroeneuroligist. I have Crohns, and when I met with my new doctor she went over tests that I was suppose to have and never did get while under care of Mujica. I should have received vitamin D level testing, a hepatitis panel, and he claimed after my colonoscopy that I had only one polup in my small intestines. The tests I received from this new doctor has shown an extremely low vitamin D level, and inflamation on the insides of my intestine. The vitamin D level testing was the most surprising to me, because my new doctor told me I could have problems with my bones in the future if that is low. Your body cannot absorb calcium with too low of vitamin D, so if I would have stayed with him, I would not only live with Crohns, but also endure bone problems down the road because he did not test for it. Besides all that he is very short with spending and explaining time, he never spent more than 10 minutes with you to explain things. This new doctor I have spent 30 minutes the first time to make sure I understood everything she told me. She spent another 10 minutes on the phone with me voicing her concerns about the lack of testing by my previous doctor. DO NOT GO TO HIM!!!
34 Years Experience
Mount Sinai School Of Medicine Of New York University
Graduated in 1984
Mount Sinai Medical Center
Dr. Victor R Mujica accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry IA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Health Alliance HMO/POS
- Health Alliance PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- Wellmark Alliance Select
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Victor R Mujica in this video.
Dr. Victor R Mujica is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Cedar Falls, IA.