Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetes Diabetes facts and the differences between the different types.
- Diabetic Hyperlipidemia Get all of the facts about diabetic hyperlipidemia.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- High Blood Pressure Facts about high blood pressure; its causes and complications.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Victor S Perkel has the following 2 specialties
- Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism
An endocrinologist is a physician with extensive training in understanding, diagnosing and treating conditions related to the endocrine system. The endocrine system regulates the balance of hormones.
Conditions of the endocrine system involve an over-abundance, or deficiency of a certain hormone. While there is a range when it comes to the amount of a hormone that is deemed normal in a human, these specialists determine whether a person's amount of hormone is indicative of a health concern. Two conditions this specialist might treat are diabetes and obesity.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Victor S Perkel has the following 19 expertise
- Thyroid Diseases
- Lipid Metabolism Disorders
- Diabetes (Types I & II)
- Pituitary Diseases
- Parathyroid Diseases
- Growth Disorders
- Cushing Disease
- Gland Issues
- Weight Loss
- Addison Disease
- Adrenal Gland Diseases
- Diabetes, Type 2
Dr. Victor S Perkel has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 18
demeaning beside manner. Can't get you out fast enough but is on top of billing. Was told to call back for results and was sent to a black hole of a voicemail 8times. Only to finally get someone on the line and be called a liar. Now I actually work in the healthcare field and have worked for doctors like him my entire professional career and know first hand that he would never take accountability for dropping the ball on my health. I am switching offices all together. I would highly suggest that you do the same if you are assigned him
Definately does not listen to the patients needs or concerns, condecending maners, I felt unconfortable since the 1st appointment, but decided to give a second chance. Now after the 3rd appointment I'm ready to find another Dr!!!! And always willing to do unnecessary tests, it seems to me he gets paid extra for pushing repeating tests!
When I first met Dr. Perkle, I thought I was going to be just a number, I WAS WRONG . He is very accurate and if the patient does their part he will take the time and patience to get to the root of the problem and help you. He was not going to advise me what to do before really understanding what to do for me, he then ordered lab work and test. I have a follow up appointment in November. He is very busy, I whish I could get in earlier, but I feel confident with him and glad I was referred to him. I cant really rate accurate diagnosis, as we are not there yet, but I really feel when I see him for my second visit, I will be just as confident as I was with my first visit. Thank you Dr. Perkle,
Dr. Perkel is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
42 Years Experience
University Of The Witwatersrand
Graduated in 1976
Ucla Medical Center
Dr. Victor S Perkel accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of CA
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus Savenet
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA Local Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Local Access + HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Trio ACO HMO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Health Net CA CommunityCare Network HMO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO SmartCare
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
- Health Net PureCare HSP Individual and Family Plans
- Health Net SmartCare Large Group
- Health Net SmartCare Small Group
- Humana Choice POS
- Multiplan PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsBeaver Medical Group LP, 2 W Fern Ave, Redlands, CA
Dr. Victor S Perkel is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Redlands, CA.