Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Victor A Wood
Dr. Victor A Wood, DO is a Doctor primarily located in Wheeling, WV, with other offices in West Liberty, WV and Saint Clairsville, OH . He has 31 years of experience. His specialties include Family Medicine. Dr. Wood is affiliated with Ohio Valley Medical Center. He speaks English.
Dr. Victor A Wood has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. Victor A Wood has the following 6 expertise
- Weight Loss
- Family Planning
Showing 5 of 14
I WOULD NEVER RECOMMEND MAKING VICTOR WOOD YOUR PCP...ESPECIALLY IF YOU ARE GOING TO HIS WHEELING OFFICE. I NEVER SEEN HIM PERSONALLY AND I WAS A PATIENT OF HIS FOR 8 MONTHS. I WOULD ALWAYS SEE HIS PHYSICIAN ASSISTANTS AND ONCE THEY DID NOT EVEN REMEMBER ME. THEY SCREW UP YOUR PRESCRIPTIONS EVERY TIME, HE GIVES OUT 5 DAYS SUPPLIES WITH NO REFILLS AND I HAVE TO CALL 3 OR MORE DAYS IN A ROW JUST TO GET THEM CALLED IN AGAIN. THEN, THE DOSAGES AND QUANTITIES GET SCREWED UP TOO WHICH I FEEL IS DANGEROUS AND NOT A GREAT WAY TO TREAT AN AILMENT. I HAVE TO WAIT MORE THAN AN HOUR EVERY TIME BEFORE I EVER GET SEEN. OBVIOUSLY, THERE SHOULD NOT BE A DOCTOR'S OFFICE AND AN URGENT CARE RAN IN THE SAME FACILITY. YOU GUYS REALLY NEED TO GET THINGS STRAIGHT!!!
Dr. Wood is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
31 Years Experience
West Virginia University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1987
Dr. Victor A Wood accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Select
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry HealthAmerica HMO
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
Medical Mutual of Ohio
- MMOH SuperMed POS Select
- MMOH SuperMed PPO Plus
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
The Health Plan of Upper OH
- Health Plan of Upper Ohio PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. Victor A Wood is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Wheeling, WV.