Get the facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Victoria L Brooks has the following 2 specialties
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder
- Depressive Disorder
- Personality Disorder
- Mental Illness
- Clinical Depression
- Manic Depressive Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
- Mood Disorders
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 4 of 4
Dr. Brooks is a great doctor I known her since I was a young teenager and she knows I've been through so much stuff and she is always honest she knows when I need to stay stable and she thinks a group home would be the best for me. She tells it like it is does not sugar coat anything. she takes her time and listens to what I have to say and gives me the right feedback. She always explains to me that I cant fix the world I can only fix myself and the things I do. Over all I think she is a great doctor but when i'm having a hard time I just wish she would give me a PRN (medication). but she knows I just use it as an exscape and wants me to learn healthy coping skills. I give her a lot of credit for being a psychiatrist at c-pep cause its crazy in there phew!!!!!!! GOOD WORK!!!!! with me and all the other patients. It means a lot oh an she also doesn't like to admt me to the hospital because I think she thanks I use it as an escapre and not use my coping skills to change the problem instead of heading from it... Well I guess she maybe right huh! GOOD WORK KEEP IT UP A LOT OF US APPERAITE YOUR HELP!!!
16 Years Experience
University At Buffalo State University Of New York School Of Medicine & Biomedical Sciences
Graduated in 2002
Dr. Victoria L Brooks accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Capital District Physicians Health Plan
- CDPHP New York State of Health - Small Business
- CDPHP PPO
- Empire Blue Priority EPO
- Empire PPO
- Empire Prism EPO Blue Priority
- Independent Health Encompass HMO
- Independent Health FlexFit HMO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsErie County Medical Center, 462 Grider St, Buffalo, NY
Dr. Victoria L Brooks is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Buffalo, NY.